Waaaay2Serious Punters order of betting

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Bearfly, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Good to see a few predictions on the board already, will add mine a bit later once I have studied the form a bit more.

Had to hop a flight to Adelaide early this morning for an appointment and haven't been out of there for very long, so this has been my first chance to get online today!!!

Hoping to see a few more predictions go up before I post mine - will also post an update on how each predicted runner is scoring when I put mine on here - looking forward to hopefully giving the trifecta a big shake and get some $$$'s in to the kitty :)

2. itsinmydna

itsinmydna New Member

It's common sense to align the betting order with Punt club order, there will be occasions when the order needs to be changed but it shouldn't be the norm IMO.

My four are Mount Athos, Americain, Red Cadeaux & Maluckyday.

3. weazel

weazel Member

mourayan green moon dunaden mount athos

4. weazel

weazel Member

as for reorganising the order will leave that up to the chief if it makes life easier for you bear do it

5. Grizzles

Grizzles Active Member

Im up for using a day on it but yeah i'll leave it up to the experts on picking the horses haha

6. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

punt club order works for me, reckon it would keep things a lot simpler. Speaking of which i'm on today but seems to have switched to grizzles now...let me know when you want me to do mine bear, will only take me a bit to back lightinthenite each way.

happy with whatever though, as for the cup i reckon the favoured internationals have it, americain, dunaden, mt athos and maybe mourayan

7. J_C

J_C Guest

Like the trifecta idea Bear. I could probably nominate 8 or 10, but the ones I'll put up are:

Mount Athos, Galileo's Choice, Ethiopia & Americain.

8. I'll go Mt Athos, Dunaden, Americain and Red Cadeaux for the tri, but to be honest I'm thinking a couple of placings will come from the non-favourites.

My strategy for the day is to back the favourites fairly well with a couple of others and my saver is a very wide trifecta where I'll be looking at 2% if it gets up, hopefully that'll keep me around even if I can't hit a winner

9. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Looks like I am in the hotseat tomorrow.

I will probably wait until tomorrow night to put a multi on for the NBA on Thursday.

Not much to choose from in the NBA tomorrow as there are only 3 games compared to 11 on Thursday.

10. Bearfly

My apologies for not posting earlier fellas, and also for not being online much the past 2 days whilst in Adelaide!!! Couldn't say much before but my fiancee and I have spent a fair proportion of the past 2 days tucked away in a small room tucked away near the back of the Samual Way Building reserved for prosectution witnesses in a District Court case!!!
    Unfortunately the location of this room in the court building came with the disadvantage of being a mobile reception blackspot, thus preventing me from getting online much at all - and I only just had brief opportunities today to switch punters and to also place bets!!!

As for the trifecta selections, I decided to go with a value approach by going for My Quest For Peace, Winchester, Lights Of Heaven & Tac De Boistron with the aim of getting a few extra potential value runners in the mix, but also because of their ability to handle damp conditions in case Flemington copped a downpour before the race!!!

So that made the final scores for the selections posted here as follows:
    MOUNT ATHOS 21
    AMERICAIN 12
    DUNADEN 12
    RED CADEAUX 10
    GALILEO'S CHOICE 7
    MOURAYAN 5
    MY QUEST FOR PEACE 4 (plus I noticed UA had gone for it in amongst his bets)
    CAVALRYMAN 4
    GREEN MOON 3
    WINCHESTER 3
    KELINNI 2
    ETHIOPIA 2
    LIGHTS OF HEAVEN 2
    GLENCADAM GOLD 1
    MALUCKY DAY 1
    TAC DE BOISTRON 1

So in the end our W2SP club MC trifecta was placed on the following
    1st - 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 17
    2nd - 1, 2, 4, 8, 12, 14, 16, 17
    3rd - 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 24

Unfortunately, that meant no result for us - but hey, at least we were in it with a chance which is more than I can say for my own personal bets as I never had the chance to even get a trifecta, first4 or exacta on as I had planned, just my regulation MC each way bets I have every year, namely a blue swimmer on those I considered the top 6 chances from my own form study (Americain, Dunaden, Mount Athos, Green Moon, My Quest For Peace & Lights Of Heaven) plus the best 3 roughies impo (Winchester, Tac De Boistron & Fiorente) - as you can see, had I managed to place my trifecta, first 4 and exacta I would've missed out on the first 2 but would've snared the exacta :(

Am now about to head to bed after a couple of very draining days, but will be back online properly tomorrow and preparing for Oaks Day because I got a message today saying that Titan Tipping have another tip lined up for then (hoping for a follow up on the nice win by Nechita on Derby Day)!!!

Hoping Cup Day treated you all ok fellas - catch you all either here or in the W2SP commentry box :)

11. Bearfly

Just posted this in the commentary box on our Punt Club home page

Hey there fellas, just thought I would let you know that the tip today from Titan Tipping is Flemington race 8 #13 I Get Around - hoping for another nice win to follow up the good oil they provided on Saturday with Nechita!!!

12. Runci

Runci Moderator

I actually tried to place that bet for the punt club today but had some issues trying to log on from my phone! Was very annoying!

13. Steve

As promised here are some tips for the NBA games tomorrow our time

Knicks to win
    Heat to win
    Bucks to win
    Grizzlies to win
    Celtics/Philly over 179.5
    Heat/Hawks under 202.5

14. Bearfly

<blockquote>Quote from Runci on November 8, 2012, 20:22
    I actually tried to place that bet for the punt club today but had some issues trying to log on from my phone! Was very annoying!</blockquote>

Does your phone happen to be an Android phone Runci? I seem to have a few issues now and then logging on when using my Android tablet!!!

15. scarrgo

scarrgo New Member

Thanks Steve...looks good..

16. Grizzles

Grizzles Active Member

Cheers Steve having a little wager now!

17. Steve

<blockquote>Quote from Steve on November 9, 2012, 15:17
    As promised here are some tips for the NBA games tomorrow our time

Knicks to win
    Heat to win
    Bucks to win
    Grizzlies to win
    Celtics/Philly over 179.5
    Heat/Hawks under 202.5

</blockquote>

KA CHING!!!!!! What a great day. Every tip was on the money.

I hope you guys made some coin as well :D

18. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Great effort Steve - I got on the multi, all but Miami to win (onnly cause you can't have the same match twice).
    Keep the tips coming! :)

19. Grizzles

Grizzles Active Member

Haha thanks i made 2 multis with all the results and then one with the under and the other with the heat to win :D

20. Runci

Runci Moderator

Yeah Bear got android mate, will try again later today to see if I've any issues.

Brilliant work Steve keep them tips coming. Cracking start as well from Fish, well done mate!