Waaaay2SeriousPunters combined club bets

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Bearfly, May 13, 2013.

1. Daveo

Daveo Member

PYOL[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] STK [span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] FREO [span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] DOGS
    LINE[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] CATS [span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] EAGLES [span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] TRI BET SYD FREO
    LINE[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] STK [span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] FRE [span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] DOGS [span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] CATS [span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] EAGLES
    The above are just 3 options i got out of the available info. Not sure on odds or what PYOL maybe approx (1.50) and work around that.

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Bearfly wrote:
    Hey gang, just thought I would start something up here as a result of a suggestion put forward by Russkoit on our PC club home page the other week.
    What his suggestion pretty much boils down to is this: Seeing that we're all pretty much involved in the club because of our love for footy as well as fondness of a punt, why not take advantage of our combined footy knowledge to try and boost club funds via a weekly combined club bet (or bets) on footy multi's. To make this work though, we would have to make a few changes to the way we are currently running our end of month top punters rewards, plus also get everyone's input during the week. So how about this for a proposal: #1 - we reduce the top punters rewards from top 5 to top 3 at the end of each monthly cycle; #2 - we start using this new thread each week to debate the merits of the available markets/prices on all games for the upcoming round; #3 - by the Wednesday evening we get a range of bet options for the upcoming round up here for all club members to vote on (and if other TS members feel like putting in their thoughts we should welcome it); #4 - by Friday late afternoon/ early evening (no later than an hour before the Friday night game) we close off voting and place the combined club bets; #5 - each week a different club member will be given the responsibility of placing the combined club bet. #6 - rather than put all our eggs in one basket we should look at placing a minimum of 2 and maximum of 5 club multi's each round (just a suggestion). #7 - each week's combined club bet(s) will add up to the same amount as that month's daily allowance.
    So what do you think gang, good idea or bad? Jump in with your thoughts/ideas/suggestions so we can try and get this going asap and get some more $$$'s rolling in :) Per your request bear, I am just responding to the proposal... I am not into sports betting per-se and I doubt I would be contributing to the exercise in any meaningful way at all. I am not objecting to it, a punters club is for punting after all, I will just be an interested spectator and hopeful beneficiary.. ta

3. bigbadbunks

bigbadbunks Member

My suggestions for proposed bets this week include: Pies Swans - EIther Team Under 15.5 @ $2.65 - Always had close ones apart from the prelim last year Cats By -15.5 @ $1.45 - This is for you Bear Lions +19.5 @ $1.72 - Beat the Bombers at Etihad and The Blues were not convincing against Port Crows +32.5 @ 1.36 - Nth returning from Subiaco and Crows starting to work out their structures Gold Coast +66.5 @ 1.92 - Struggled against GWS and also against Gold Coast last year when it was at the G, resting of stars etc These odds are sportsbet.com.

4. weazel

weazel Member

like the pies syd one $2.65 you could drag cats line out to -30.5 $1.92 saints 1-39 $2.25 hawks and freo 40 + $1.22 and $1.25 $17.45 tot

5. Grizzles

Grizzles Active Member

This week I only really like Richmond to win into gc on the line.

6. weazel

weazel Member

can't have richmond booo ; )

7. Grizzles

Grizzles Active Member

Sorry weazel if it's any consolation I thought North on the line was good last week against my Eagles. I also thought the cats would win but I think a lot of people got caught there.

8. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Hey Bear, I'm in the same boat as LenH, I'm not really into football betting (lines,PYOL etc) so am prepared to just watch.

9. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Hey gang, apologies for being a bit quiet the last few days - been struck down by the dreaded flu and have felt very ordinary (a bit like my SC/DT/etc tbh).
    I know there's a few of the group not really up to speed on the different footy bet options and/or not really interested in sports betting, but I still think if we go about this in an analytical way we can bring home some decent winners for the club - but the most important thing to do that is to make sure we don't let club loyalties get in the way of our thinking when we analyse these club bets :p
    Big shoutout to Hackers for putting anyone who heeded his advice on the Swans Dockers tri-bet - that, along with a fiver on Sidebum to kick the Pies first goal @$16 and a lazy $2 on the draw pulled my ordinary day on the punt into a damn good profit, followed up by a redback on Port +20.5..........See, I'm not afraid to go against my team if it's a damn good value investment :p
    Would appreciate it if someone could do me a favour and collate all the suggested bets over the next couple days and post up here on Thursday a range of options for us to vote on - just don't think I will have the energy to do it myself the way I'm feeling :(

10. Daveo

Daveo Member

To keep things simple for a few weeks until this sports multi things gets some momentum, wondering if every one can post there BEST bet for the weekend. That way it will be easier to collaborate the tips and discuss / vote on multi options.
    So my tip for this week is:
    Nth Melb to win @ $1.48

11. weazel

weazel Member

saints 1-39 for me

12. Grizzles

Grizzles Active Member

Would have thought freo at the line (61.5 on sportingbet) would be good things in Perth after what they did to Collingwood the other week.

13. hackers

hackers New Member

Crows at +10.5 looks good to me

14. Runci

Runci Moderator

This isn't a multi or a footy bet but thought it would be of interest to the WTSPC. I put on a 3leg multi way back in Jan and we're now just waiting for Bayern to win the Champions Lge on Saturday(other legs were Man Utd- EPL and Chelsea- Europa). I put on $1.25 @ 74= $91. So a tasty $90 profit. If Borrusia Dortmund win then we win nothing. So my question is..should we put a saver bet on Borrusia? Bayern Munich $1.73 Borrusia Dortmund $4.45 So $20 (for example) on Dortmund to win would guarantee us a $69 profit. Thought please?

15. russkoit

russkoit New Member

Makes sense to me to put the saver bet on, with such a low investment on the original bet.

16. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I say YES. $20 on Borussia means we win $69 no matter who wins. Go for it.

17. Bearfly

Runci wrote:
    This isn't a multi or a footy bet but thought it would be of interest to the WTSPC. I put on a 3leg multi way back in Jan and we're now just waiting for Bayern to win the Champions Lge on Saturday(other legs were Man Utd- EPL and Chelsea- Europa). I put on $1.25 @ 74= $91. So a tasty $90 profit. If Borrusia Dortmund win then we win nothing. So my question is..should we put a saver bet on Borrusia? Bayern Munich $1.73 Borrusia Dortmund $4.45 So $20 (for example) on Dortmund to win would guarantee us a $69 profit. Thought please? Just dragged myself out of bed and noticed that I was listed as today's punter, so decided to throw that saver bet on so we are covered mate :) Even managed to get the new $4.50 price for it!!! So now we can rest easy knowing that whoever wins we make profit o/
    Now if it's ok by everyone else, I might just go back to bed - this bloody flu is very draining, so if someone could kindly post up this week's selection of options for the club multi sometime this arvo/evening for everyone to vote on, I would gratefully appreciate it

18. russkoit

russkoit New Member

Don't want to desturb a sleeping bear!! Yep I fin at 5 and ill do a tally and post the results for all to see/ vote.

19. Bearfly

BTW, before I do hop back into bed I should post my nomination for the combined club bet!!! My #1 option this week would be: North 1-39 @ $2.12 currently
    My favourite multi this week would have to be: - Pies/Swans Tri Bet - Either side 1-39 or draw @ $1.17 - Eagles - PYOL -60.5 @ $1.62 - Tigers/Bombers Tri Bet - Either side 1-39 or draw @ $1.20 - North 1-39 @ $2.12 Multi Total = $4.82

20. Swalloitdown

Swalloitdown Member

Nth V Adel Tri bet either side 1-39 @ $1.26 Coll V Syd Tri bet either side 1-24 @ $1.61 Saints PYOL -21.5 @ $1.58 Dons 1-39 @ $2.15
    Are my best bets in order of faith.