Waikikamoocow Incorrigibles

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by graeme, Apr 27, 2012.

1. graeme

graeme Guest

not guilty to the best of my knowledge Len - do not even know the device of which you speak!
    When I posted the update the set up came out funny as you describe but it has been fine since. Let me know if it is still misbehaving.

2. grav

grav Guest

@Len - reckon I know what yr getting at. I am getting that occasionally too on my puta, happens on various posts (not just Chels') Text disappears off right of screen into a black void. That black void actually scares me a bit, and I dare not touch my screen when it is present for fear of what might lie beneath!

3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Gents, suggest the problem might be with your browser. I am using Firefox and have no probs with chel's post. Granted there are a few inevitable bugs in the new look site, but suggest you try a different browser first. Yesterday I looked at walesy's article on the main page and the text of the first para was repeated about 20 times. However, when I clicked on the article itself, it disappeared.

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

The problem is with the site's coding, my Chrome and Firefox are both up to date, Chrome has the problem, Firefox doesn't, walesy has a big enough issue list for now so I will just use FF next time I have the problem...
    It was an interesting read chels, you have a lot of promising talent looking like it's about to deliver

5. graeme

graeme Guest

thanks Len, I use Chrome (Walesy's recommendation on the old site) but will use FF for access from now on )or until further notice).

6. TerryinBangkok

I suspect our Match Committee decided to call this the Insomnia Round in honour of our first ORFFA Draft. One also suspects that a team from the land under the cloud might have a certain advantage this round. /Portals/0/User%20Images/insomnia_sheep.jpg

7. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<p class='Quote]anthak wrote: <p class='Quote]ANOUNCEMENT <p class='Quote]We are pleased to announce that we have sold our Round 10 home game against Waikikamoocow to the Mines Rovers Football Club in Kalgoorlie, WA. The big ORFFA game will be played as a curtain raiser to the Mines vs Boulder night game on June 1. More news on the event to follow, closer to the date.

8. graeme

graeme Guest

hold hard there ant, always happy to promote footy anywhere, but doing this without consultation when to me a more appealing fixture - the main game at the Cable Bay wine festival on Waiheke Island - is available is hard to accept.
    Sure it is your home game but I must protest.

9. anthak

chels wrote:hold hard there ant, always happy to promote footy anywhere, but doing this without consultation when to me a more appealing fixture - the main game at the Cable Bay wine festival on Waiheke Island - is available is hard to accept. Sure it is your home game but I must protest. Sorry, we've had some big money (and various other added benefits) thrown our way from some businesses on the Scarlet Mile. It's going to be very hard for us to refuse the offer. Although, we haven't put pen to paper yet, so to speak. Maybe NZ could make a better offer.

10. graeme

graeme Guest

The new guys seem to be fitting in well: Matty Wright 102 round 1 Stew Crameri 139 round 2 Nat Fyfe 127 round 2 Brad Crouch 85 round 2
    Some of the older hands have responded well to the challenge of new talent Sauce a fine 102 and 105 The Hoff 100 and 163 Jamie Elliott 159 round 2 (but played out of position) Jarrad McVeigh 144 round 2.
    The lack of depth down back is a concern but there have been fine performances in the magoos from Tayte Pears, sadly tempered by injury clouds over Maguire and Shaw. A reasonable chance that Armstrong may get a well deserved start this week.
    Tom Mitchell is playing ressys and looking to put his obvious talent on the ground soon - cannot wait.
    On a final note the long, hot summer and autumn promises to be the basis of one of the finest red wine vintages to come out of Waikik country. I hope the grape picking duties do not detract from the onfield performances.

11. TerryinBangkok

/Portals/0/User%20Images/darkhorse%20Logo.jpg

12. graeme

graeme Guest

Not a dark horse TiB - not even a grey one. Look how threadbare this week's team is (see below), staring at a loss against bama for sure. And then, my dumb luck, Trent Cotchin is injured and bama loses his key guy who has averaged around 120. Now the Waikiks have a chance, no more than that.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #ffffff; color: #000000;]Defenders- Taylor, Hibberd, Armstrong, Macaffer (OOP) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #ffffff; color: #000000;]Midfield- McVeigh, Hannebery, I. Smith, Ziebell <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #ffffff; color: #000000;]Ruck- Jacobs <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #ffffff; color: #000000;]Forwards- Knights, Westhoff, Elliott, Crameri (E - Hickey) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #ffffff; color: #000000;]Interchange- Wright, Robinson <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #ffffff; color: #000000;]

13. TerryinBangkok

Good coaching chels. Keep a lid on it. But we have noticed....................... /Portals/0/User%20Images/keeping_a_lid_on.jpg

14. G-Train

G-Train Member

Hannebery might be my favourite player right now.

15. graeme

graeme Guest

Must agree P'Raptor - just to let you know Dan will not be traded or delisted any time soon.

16. G-Train

G-Train Member

Hopefully Chaplin raises his average back to around 85 - but at least he has been on the park the last 2 weeks I suppose. I am happy with Tommy Bellchambers though. How is the Teen Wolf settling in?

17. anthak

Chels, do you have anything to say about all of this then? <div>
    anthak wrote:Gariwerd are concerned about today's news article relating to required player, Kurt Tippett... <blockquote style='margin: 0px 0px 0px 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;]
    Angry Tippett Jumping off Walls: Dan Hanneberry
    It has been revealed today that Gariwerd player, Kurt Tippett, has been staying in Waikikamoocow country with Dan Hanneberry and is soon to request a trade to the NZ based ORFFA club. </blockquote> <blockquote style='margin: 0px 0px 0px 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;]
    With Tippett's Cockatoo teammates heading off on a trip to WA in the lead up to the mid season trade and draft period, Waikikamoocow's up and coming star, Dan Hanneberry, has revealed that Kurt has been staying with him, training with the club and is hopeful a trade can be brokered allowing him to continue his ORFFA career in NZ.
    Tippett is apparently outraged at his current club's refusal to consult Waikikamoocow's management about the relocation of the round 10 match to Kalgoorlie and that he wasn't invited on the trip, after he conducted himself well on their early season trip in the north east of Australia. Apparently Kurt felt that he made a big effort and fit in well with his teammates and staff on that trip and was expecting an invite to attend the WA road trip.
    Hanneberry has stated that its been fantastic to have him around and that he is extremely keen to be able to play with Waikikamoocow:
    'It's really quite annoying how he jumps out of bed in the morning and punches the air and he's got so much energy,' Hannebery said before training on Wednesday.
    'It's quite frustrating trying to make my breakfast and seeing him with so much energy and I have a lack of.'
    'No, he's really up and about, he's jumping off the walls ready to play.' </blockquote><blockquote style='margin: 0px 0px 0px 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;]
    'When you're not playing footy for that period of time, there's no doubt you want to get out there and play, whether it's twos or ones or whatever level.'
    'He's frustrated, he wants to show what he's capable of and have an impact for the team.'
    Tippett had originally asked Gariwerd to trade him during this years pre season trade period, and when a deal did not eventuate, he requested to be delisted allowing him to enter the pre season draft. Gariwerd did not comply with that request and have been reportedly hopeful of convincing him to return to the club, but with negotiations at a halt, they allowed Kurt to return home (unknown if that is in NSW or QLD) until mid season where the situation would be reassessed. It seems that it was not known to Gariwerd that Kurt was in NZ at all, let alone training with a rival club.
    Gariwerd administration have been uncontactable, when we attempted to approach them about this issue; however, head coach anthak has previously stated: 'Kurt is a valued member of our team and we see him as an important member of our forward line into the future' - and he was sorely missed on the weekend, when fielding an Out-Of-Position player in the forward line cost them a Round 8 win at Venus Bay.
    It is sure to be an interesting time during the mid season break. </blockquote>
    We would like to report that we are unaware of any attempt to contact us about this issue and are concerned about the validity of the claims within it, especially as Kurt has not been quoted within the article. We have meetings set up with Kurt's management closer to the mid season break and will not be making any further comment on this issue - until we are confident on what's actually happening.

18. graeme

graeme Guest

Ah, the subtle marketing campaign through the national press is working. All members of the Waikik footy club present at the recent fund raiser were visibly moved when Kurt, in a tribute to the late Peter Allen, sang 'I'd like to call Waikik home.'
    Local identity chels commented: 'We will move heaven and earth to make the trade work. However, our young stars are not on the table.' Tippett was visibly moved when contemplating being delivered the Sherrin on a plate for many years by the likes of Hibberd, Fyfe, Hannebery, Crouch, Mitchell and Graham. 'Wow, just wow' he offered, then showing a first hint of coming to grips with the Maori language 'Titirangi*, bloody titirangi.'
    In what was perhaps a portent of things to come chels revealed that he had recently picked up Kurt as a free agent in the Centrebet Pro League. Happy to talk ant, happy to talk.
    * Titirangi - the literal translation is 'the fringe of heaven.' Also the best golf course in Waikik country.

19. TerryinBangkok

Been a bit of a feature with the Cows that has held them in good stead this year is that the coach expects all his players to be gourmets who sip pinot noir after training. /Portals/0/User%20Images/Tippett01.jpg/Portals/0/User%20Images/Tippett02.jpg

20. anthak

Thanks for the reply Chels. It's good to have some idea what's going on. We have purposefully not been willing to comment publicly at this stage, because we have been unable to contact Kurt since it became a media event. Also, I trust you remember that the game this weekend is in Kalgoorlie, WA. I guess it will be a little like time travel for you, as I would presume you'll leave NZ at about the same time you arrive in Kal. I would like to take this opportunity to formally request that you bring Tippett with you, so that we can all sit down and yarn about his situation altogether. We are happy to pay the travelling expenses for him for you. and we noticed his new nickname. Nice.