Wants Frees?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by eagle_eyed, Apr 12, 2013.

1. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Ok, so trading mummy to Leuenberger this week and also Karni out. Here's the question, do I a) trade Karni to wants frees and keep him until I can either trade him out or have him as f6 b) trade Karni to Dwyer, then trade out Dwyer to a prem when he peaks c) trade Karni to Lecca (as with wants frees) Tough one as a don't really see any as keepers as all are stepping stones, however if Dwyer can play for long enough I could use the 350 to upgrade someone on another line. I'll put my team below if anyone can see any glaring weaknesses that should be addressed first. FYI these will be the first trades I make this season. backs: Goddard, waters, Gibbs, Goodes, Pittard, Stevenson, Heath, terlich mid: gaz, pendlebury, Watson, JPK, Fyfe, wines, OMeara, Viney, crouch, Stephens K ruck:Jacobs, mummy, blicavs, rowe for: buddy, cox, Rockliff, JJK, Karni, Macaffer, Neade, lee. well there it is, what's everyone's thoughts, obviously I don't have to trade on Friday but I would like to do it Saturday morning.

2. Dirtydog

Dirtydog New Member

Eagle Eye, Karni is now omitted so his price wont drop this week. This means you can focus on other required trades if needed and have one more week to get Karni out. AKarni freeswing with the axe next week. Consider players who are about to go up in price and then roll that into a serious upgradewhen you trade Karni next week. Good luck...

3. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

I agree with Dirtydog. Hold off on trading Karny. The only real downside is that all those players that were mentioned as trade options will rise in price to an unreachable/undesirable price.
    Also interested to know what your rank is EE. It is normally up there, isn't it?

4. eagle_eyed

I'm currently @ 726 but want to move up. The issue I have with my trades is that I don't want to trade any of my rookies out yet, bar possibly lee. So my thinking is it really doesn't make any difference if I trade karni out this week as he is my weakest player. Granted he won't go down in price, however any other mid price targets will increase in price. The other point is will a mid pricer outscore dwyer until upgrade time? As anyone I trade into will probably not be a keeper I have to take the extra points into account. So that's my dilemma, do I take the greater cash generation a rookie offers or the immediate points a mid pricer offers?

5. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

I think Dwyer could be a good get. He will hopefully stay in the team for at least 5 more rounds, allowing generation time, and TBH I'm not confident with any midpricer other than Kennedy. As you say, no midpricer is likely to end up a keeper. If we think of it in terms of cash, expecting you to trade out in Round 8, Monfries gets to around 450k, whereas Dwyer gets to around 370k at his current average which i expect will improve so he may get to 400k. If you trade out Karny, then you lose 60k with Wantsfrees, but gain 150k with Dwyer. Overall more money is gained with Dwyer, although Wantsfrees is likely to score more points. You can go for money (Dwyer) or points (Monfries).

6. DC

DC Member

Mumford->Berger looks good this week.

7. eagle_eyed

I ended up going mummy to berger (picking up 20 or so points and 180+k) and karni to wantsfrees. 2 successful trades (so far). Missed Dwyer, but can't have them all. I'm looking at Macaffer to Sinclair this week, will give me another 15k to add to my 96 kitty. Unless the season is going pear shaped I reckon Nic nat won't be back until after the bye, should see Sinclair make some good coin and then he'll be my captains loophole for the second half of the season.