We want McBean. Or do we?

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Feb 1, 2013.

By walesy on Feb 1, 2013 at 11:00 AM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

We all know the value of a non-playing rookie Fwd-Ruc. (And if you don't, you'll have to read my upcoming article on the value of a rookie Fwd-Ruc. Spoiler: Captains loophole)

And the cheapest one available is McBean.

So why have I chosen Sinclair?

Sinclair vs Mcbean

$112,200 vs $109,500

Seems an easy decision doesn't it. Mcbean is a $3k cheaper. badda bing badda boom. Done.

No.

Why are we selecting a non-playing rookie Fwd-Ruc? Well, yes, the extra cash is nice, and the potential extra coverage from having Cox/Ryder in the forwardline is nice as well, but what I'm talking about here, is the spoiler.

The Captains/Bench Loophole.

And how does that loophole work again? You need a none-playing player, who plays late in the weekend.

So lets take a look here.

Richmond (McBean) have the following fixture

Round 1: Thursday

Round 2: Friday

Round 3: Sunday

Round 4: Saturday

Round 5: Friday

Meanwhile West Coast (Sinclair) roll the following:

Round 1: Saturday

Round 2: Sunday

Round 3: Saturday

Round 4: Saturday

Round 5: Saturday

That's 3 weeks over the first 5 that McBean is actually useless as a Captains loophole donut, while Sinclair offers the double chance every single week.

Now, after round 5, McBean doesn't ever play on Friday again (and would be a suggested downgrade if you rolled that way), but for mine, I'd expect to have at least 1 none playing (see: injured) player in your squad from round 6 onwards anyways.

Now, the million dollar question, is that level of flexibility over the first 5 weeks worth it? 3 cracks at a double captain? yeah, I'd take that over $3k (or what, roughly .7ppg)

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Feb 1, 2013.