What did Monson do to get a week?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by thegob, Jun 20, 2012.

1. matto76

matto76 New Member

Whats really the difference between making a racial comment or sledging someones family. Possibly you can argue either way they are attacking my race (which your actually attacking the person your talking too) which alot on here have just said is ok apparently, which it isn't. The other is attacking someone that cant defend themselves. One gets you 4 weeks suspension or sacked the other gives you a week off.

I don't mind a good sledge myself, but i think all sport not just AFL has moved past it even cricket thats renowned for sledging has moved to this soft world we live in.

I don't know steve at all, unless he gives me his last name, but i will back his story. The sledge itself was worse than what caroline and the Darwin times have both reported. The umpire on the ground actually reported it not Port or pearce. Yes Pearce needs to put a teaspoon of liquid cement in his coffees in the mornings, because he is soft on and off the field.

Whilst i wont release my name unless someone Pm's me to clarify who i am i can say my family are life members of port and we where one of the originators of creating Port 140 years ago. So i am in the know what was said.

2. donatello

donatello New Member

Re the mars bar,
    Cronje was at the non strikers end, there was a short chubby batsman on strike. Ian Healy yelled to Warnie, "Bowl a Mars Bar half way down...We'll get him stumped" The Aussies and Cronje were all in hysterics. the batsman's retort: "Nah, Boonie fielding at short leg will be onto it before I can move."

3. rbat

rbat New Member

Was the comment racially based matto76 in addition to whatever was said against his mother?

4. matto76

matto76 New Member

no, if it was race related, then big will would be spending a whole lot more time on the sidelines than 1 week, if you use what sanctions by clubs have imposed over the last 6 months

5. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Definitely not race related. As Matto, said it was the umpire who laid the report for the investigation. While Pearce was upset at the time, he did not bring it to the umpire's attention.

6. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

Steve's last name is Salopek

7. donatello

donatello New Member

I thought it was Paxman,

kidding Steve.

It's Williams, isn't it?

8. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Maybe wil Monsoon was pointing out how dumb Pearce's mum must have been to name him Danyle
    I think that spelling's pretty bent
    and maybe she told him something otherwise late at night?

9. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from 82asch on June 21, 2012, 11:17
    Hypothetically - Bulldogs and Port are playing off in the GF (very hypothetical I know) and Pearce has a chance to win the game after the siren as he took a mark just inside 50 right on the final siren. Big Will stands the mark and puts young Danyle (horrible spelling) off with the same sledge and he shanks it, Doggies win the GF. Is that OK? Will might get 2 weeks this time (which he could serve in the NAB cup) next year and the Doggies still have the flag.</blockquote>

Too ridiculous to even consider...... :D