What does playing through the byes look like?

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

anthak wrote:
    Len wrote:
    It's looking like we need to assume we have all the votes we are going to get on the finals changes in time to be able to still have the normal off-season activity. so, 15 voted. 5 voted to play through byes. a total of 7 coaches voted for any sort of change. 8 people voted for no change.
    why drag this out?
    With you on that one Ant.... the majority voted for no change (with 3 no votes). Even if we distribute those last three votes against the same ration as the votes that have been cast we have at least 9 voting for now change, and I would argue 10 or even 11. The votes have been cast, at best it is equal ass to change / no change... and in my opinion that means we stay as is for another year.

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Bandit wrote:
    anthak wrote:
    Len wrote:
    It's looking like we need to assume we have all the votes we are going to get on the finals changes in time to be able to still have the normal off-season activity. so, 15 voted. 5 voted to play through byes. a total of 7 coaches voted for any sort of change. 8 people voted for no change.
    why drag this out?
    With you on that one Ant.... the majority voted for no change (with 3 no votes). Even if we distribute those last three votes against the same ration as the votes that have been cast we have at least 9 voting for now change, and I would argue 10 or even 11. The votes have been cast, at best it is equal ass to change / no change... and in my opinion that means we stay as is for another year. Personally I agree with you both, but 8 v 7 is hardly decisive and I not so much want to solve it for next year as label this dealt with and just do away with the topic, one way or another. The reason I started this thread was so that people would understand the implications of the change vs the implications of no change and vote accordingly. A new poll will be going up in the next few days with two choices; leave as is, and play through byes. The majority will carry and should the 'no change' vote carry again this topic becomes null and void whilst I have any say on it. I also see no reason to rush, it's not as though we have anything else to focus on..

3. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Thanks to everyone for the opinions, 'fors' and 'againsts' expressed in this thread. Lots of food for thought.

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

We've had 2 more votes come in in the last 24 hours and it's still essentially split 9 v 8.. Given we have come down this far down the road we may as well still have a head to head on the 2 most selected option, people may want to change their vote following the discussions that have played out. Will put it up tonight, simply no change vs play through the byes, should the change option get 10 votes we can discuss how we implement it.