Which club do you have no players from?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Jason, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from crew on March 4, 2011, 11:39
    Polec has larger rookie price but the main concern I have is Voss has yet, imo, to make a good decision so not giving him the chance to do to my team what he has helped do to the Lions.</blockquote>
    All so very true.

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@Jason

Not an unreasonable decision on Port. Best rookie prospects look to be potential downgrades down the track. Keep an eye on O'Shea and Irons. I have a Port man as R3, only because I know he is going to get a run every week.

3. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

I seem to have most teams that's been mentioned here-

gee,brl,port and syd

4. Hendy

Hendy Member

Sydney and Port, was going to throw a lifeline to R. Gray...

5. silacious

silacious New Member

I have no players from Sydney atm but i aggree Kennedy is a late chance. Port look pretty hopeless this year no clear winners for mine. I have no Brisbane players. I had Polec but he hasn't set the world on fire, so i went with Gaff instead

6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

@silacious How have you separated Gaff and Polec? I struggle to, and neither's NAB cup has been amazing, has it?

@crew
    Yeah I agree with North being a good moo team this year - particulary due to their pre-season injuries.

7. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

The only team that I don't have a player from atm is West Coast...having said that I have taken a risk on some injury-prone players, so that could change. For those who don't have any Sydney players, I find it surprising (imo)that Goodes isn't in more peoples sides...especially after he bagged a six-pack in yesterdays shitty weather against the Suns. Like I said though, that is only my opinion.

8. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

The problem with Goodes is he played as a key positions forward. While he did kick 6 yesterday, he won't kick that many usually, and he seems to lose kicking efficiency when he's up forward, as well as possessions.

9. stowie

stowie Moderator

Hoping Goodes role will change when Bradshaw is in the side.

10. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

@Terry
    You've got me intrigued now about R3 from Port. I'll assume that you aren't using Brogan as R3 at &#36;335k. Jackson Trengove looks too expensive, but is my likely guess at your R3 - because now that he's been elevated into the leadership group I would be comfortable that he gets a game every week if he is fit. But his price is a bit Xy so I still have some doubts about this call. Lobbe is injured, I'm thinking that he can't be your man. Redden doesn't seem anything like "certain to get a game each week", what with Paul Stewart looking OK as a pinch-hit ruck option. Bass is old enough at 24 to see some AFL action, but I don't think he's been given any time yet this preason and Curnow is still rookie listed. Confused!

I was on Jackson Trengove all last season in SC as my R4 and so I have followed his progress closely to date in the AFL. I like the way he goes about his footy. But I'm not convinced that you would be OK to park 250k on the bench at R3? Or are you somehow activating D/R MPP with Kepler Bradley?

@silacious
    How did you decide that Gaff was better than Polec? I haven't seen anything from Gaff to write home about to date in the preseason.

11. Corks

Corks Member

Goodes a risk, but early form is promising so if he is allowed to roam, I'm tipping him for Premium (again).

12. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Jason on March 6, 2011, 17:28
    @Terry
    You've got me intrigued now about R3 from Port. I'll assume that you aren't using Brogan as R3 at &#36;335k. Jackson Trengove looks too expensive, but is my likely guess at your R3 - because now that he's been elevated into the leadership group I would be comfortable that he gets a game every week if he is fit. But his price is a bit Xy so I still have some doubts about this call. Lobbe is injured, I'm thinking that he can't be your man. Redden doesn't seem anything like "certain to get a game each week", what with Paul Stewart looking OK as a pinch-hit ruck option. Bass is old enough at 24 to see some AFL action, but I don't think he's been given any time yet this preason and Curnow is still rookie listed. Confused!

I was on Jackson Trengove all last season in SC as my R4 and so I have followed his progress closely to date in the AFL. I like the way he goes about his footy. But I'm not convinced that you would be OK to park 250k on the bench at R3? Or are you somehow activating D/R MPP with Kepler Bradley?<blockquote>

Sorry Jason, just can't help myself here :)
    It's Daniel Stewart that's being set to back-up in the ruck as well as play forward - Paul Stewart is a mid-sized utility.
    Although most people on here don't rate Port's players, there is a few that will do well this season - and as for rookie options, I can think of 3 that will get game time this year!!!

13. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@Jason

Agree Jax is expensive on the bench as R3, but premium insurance is never cheap. Also had him last year and this year have been comparing performance with West from the Cats. With the byes I want someone reliable to bring on and someone who can also knock out a decent score. I have gone high risk on R1/R2. He may even end up as R2 in the course of the season, depending on where Port decide he should spend most time.

I think the reason many have not considered him is because he is not playing in the ruck.

14. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Imo i see Jax as a solid R3 option, strong tackler, good contested mark, wins his share of the ball, helps teammates out with strong shepherds - and being in the leadership group ensures game time - and will definitely improve his ave this year.
    Could do alot worse than him!!!

15. Scupper

Scupper New Member

Following this thread, I thought Kane Cornes would be an interesting pick Avg 102.1 SC last year although priced premium, with some real talent above him, in a side like Port could be their only gun player this year for high SC scores on a consistant bases, plus the byes will create havoc with lopsided teams with more than 3 players from top eight clubs, its the balance between MPP's and the emergencies thats hard to gage. Brisbane will be a train wreck this year and Voss will be gone by RD 12.

16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Kane Cornes, aka Mr Consistent, is a legit pick in any side. However he doesn't pull out the big scores and does tend to perform tagging rolls (however still scores well). Just not a fan personally for SC.

17. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I have Boak stepping up this year, Cassisi improving slightly and Kornes slightly declining.

All 3 are solid picks particularly with their late bye, whereby you can then trade to the best option from then on.

Boak to Ablett for example.

18. Kewell

Kewell New Member

Port Adelaide, Sydney and Geelong for me.

Port for the obvious reasons, Sydney based on some of their proven performers getting on in years and Geelong as I think they'll slide a little this year. That and they've got a bye come finals

19. Holey

Holey Moderator Staff Member

Bulldogs and Port for me... which Bulldog players do people have????

20. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Buldogs don't have a place in my team! (everyone knows i don't like the dogs) That eade is a rubbish coach-he doesn't know how to motivate his team and they won't be in top eight this year

I also don't have any Geelong players... just an unknown quantity this year. Think Joel Selwood and chapo will be upgrade targets though