Whitsunday Warriors

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by TerryinBangkok, Apr 26, 2012.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Well, according to the odds given at the start of the season, this was a match between the top and the bottom side. And according to some sages in ORFFL, there should have been a resultant largish disparity between the scores of the two sides. We went down by 80, which we consider not a bad effort against the yardstick of the competition. /Portals/0/User%20Images/chicken01.gif

2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:Well, we expected something unusual from Charlie's Opening and we weren't disappointed. The Spelunkers supporters just about made Hook Island their home and provided great entertainment for the locals when out shopping, having a cool one in the Tiki Bar, or just visiting the beach. Bear's Lobster Pies proved to be a big hit with the visitors. Here is a gallery of the weekend 'invasion'. /Portals/0/User%20Images/cavemen11.jpg /Portals/0/User%20Images/Cavemen01.JPG/Portals/0/User%20Images/cavemen02.jpg/Portals/0/User%20Images/cavemen07.jpg/Portals/0/User%20Images/cavemen03.jpg/Portals/0/User%20Images/cavemen10.jpg/Portals/0/User%20Images/Cavemen04.jpg /Portals/0/User%20Images/Cavemen05.jpg/Portals/0/User%20Images/Cavemen06.jpg/Portals/0/User%20Images/cavemen09.jpg/Portals/0/User%20Images/cavemen08.jpg   Looking forward to Charlie's Opening visiting Gariwerd now. Looks like fun :)

3. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news TiB, but they are no Spelunkers supporters... it looks like when we blasted out the sleeping area we opened an avenue into the lost world. You will find that these friendly folk are in fact related to the inhabitants of Hook Island who have just been trapped in a void for the past 10000 years. Although some have quickly taken to this new fandangled clothing thing /Portals/0/User%20Images/1crazylady.jpg' style='width: 175px; height: 299px; here are pictures of our WAGs after a hard days work in The Pit ... /Portals/0/User%20Images/power_tools.jpg' style='width: 560px; height: 303px;

4. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Thanks TiB for the great weekend. WE lost, but hey so did melbandy in Sc as well. At least some of the boys got lucky with some of Bandits leftovers.

5. TerryinBangkok

melbandy wrote: Thanks TiB for the great weekend. WE lost, but hey so did melbandy in Sc as well. At least some of the boys got lucky with some of Bandits leftovers. Yeah, I'm sorry mate. I told Chelsea a dozen times not to put NoDoze in the cocktails, but she's a very loyal girl. Anyway, hope you and the boys enjoyed the stay.

6. TerryinBangkok

This is a special week for the Warriors as Australia celebrates NAIDOC. Being one of only two island teams in the ORFFA and having a long tradition of aboriginal and island culture. This week we host the boys from Cradle Mountain (the Taswegians wiped out their aboriginal and island culture, along with the Tazzie Tiger, just for good measure). So, this week the Warriors will be sporting a new home jumper to celebrate NAIDOC and remind these Taswegians that, if they want to field a team in the AFL, they are going to have to be a bit more tolerant. /Portals/0/User%20Images/Aboriginal%20rock%20art,%20Nara%20Inlet%20(DSC_6697).JPG Aboriginal rock art at Nara Inlet. /Portals/0/User%20Images/NAIDOC-WEEK-SHIRT-2103%20SMALL.jpg Our specially designed jumpers for NAIDOC Week. /Portals/0/User%20Images/Tahiti09.jpg The local vahines are already practicing their moves to celebrate the week.

7. TerryinBangkok

This week we travel to Gundagai to take on the Hoppers. If we can manage to win the toss, might elect to run uphill for the first quarter. Almost like a home coming: I'm used to punchin' footy teams across the hills and plains.
    I've been an outback coach for forty years through bleedin' hail and rain.
    I've lived a lot of troubles down, without a bloomin' lie,
    But I can't forget what happened just five miles from Gundagai. 'Twas getting dark, the team got bored, so the Warriors started a blue.
    I lost me pinot and me fags, so what was I to do?
    The rain it was coming on, and hungry too was I,
    And me dog shat in me tucker-box five miles from Gundagai. Some blokes like chels have stacks of luck, no matter where they fall,
    But there was I, Lord love a duck, no bloody luck at all.
    I couldn't heat a pot of tea or keep me trousers dry,
    And me dog shat in me tucker-box five miles from Gundagai. Now, I can forgive the bleak week, I can forgive the rain.
    I can forgive the damp and cold and go through it all again.
    I can forgive the rotten luck, but 'ang me till I die,
    I can't forgive that bloody dog, five miles from Gundagai.
    /Portals/0/User%20Images/reddog_large.jpg

8. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

9. TerryinBangkok

Lenh191 wrote:
    :) That's all you've got to say? Whatsit? Lost for words after the Miss Fits scored over 1,000?

10. Len

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    :) That's all you've got to say? Whatsit? Lost for words after the Miss Fits scored over 1,000? Almost 1100 with effectively 1.5 out, things are looking up Marble Bar way... :)
    Am interested to see the grasshoppers response, should be something suitably jingoistic :p

11. graeme

graeme Guest

As the Whitsunday Wonders are heading our way in round 15 I will refrain from any mention of island nations or wahines. I hope that when confronted with quality pinot you do not use it any other way than for personal consumption. Had the dog had Phthisis rather than depositing in the tucker box he may have expired right there - well before he got to Gundagai. You being somewhat of a gent I would hope you would have carried him the last five miles TiB.

12. snoz

snoz Moderator

Hhmmmm...............exactly what does one say to say poetry...........a piece that also required an email to justly point out its existence in the first place.... As we here in Gundagai wallow in last place, the sheer existence of shat in our tucker box would nary raise a eye as we try to make sense of this ORFFA season. Having the islanders of the Whitsundays come forth this week, its only natural that his best friend would deposit such items in his tucker box as he approachedour pearly gates. I for one will gladly offer to clean out said box if we lose. If we win on the other hand, breaking our 2013 cherry, then it seems only fair that the Warriors go forth and delve deep into their tucker boxes and find all manner of goodies left behind by the young yet up & coming Hopper Squad.

13. TerryinBangkok

Well, you see, as a young nipper I played footy in Gundagai. I remember the oval was down on a flat near the river, lots of willow trees and poplars (aspens to the Manhattan cocktail set) and a road bridge on one side and a railway bridge on the other. I can even remember the smell of Toohey's Old in the pub. We also played at Tumut, Batlow and Tumbarumba. And, I kid you not, it was at Tumba that you had to decide whether to run uphill or not if you won the toss. /Portals/0/User%20Images/Gundagai02.jpg

14. TerryinBangkok

/Portals/0/User%20Images/chelsea-roffey.jpg Chelsea is very excited about her trip to New Zealand. She has gone on ahead of the team to help chels out with promotion for the Chelsea Roffey Appreciation Round. Don't think we would entrust her care to anyone else. Very quiet in the Tiki Bar at the moment. However, the Warriors have a distinct advantage over our traditional rivals the Cows this week. Being the underdogs, our focus will be mostly on the pinot and the silverside, while chels will be sweating his position in the 8. /Portals/0/User%20Images/pinot%20noir01.JPG As usual, and even though chels has forgotten, this will be the Whits-Waikiks Pinot Playoff for the above trophy, currently held under the long white cloud.

15. graeme

graeme Guest

Thank you for the reminder TiB of the trophy that binds us - it will be on display before being returned to the Waikik Trophy Cabinet. Chelsea is charming the locals - she has already charmed me - and is the guest of honour at the annual duck dinner to be held tonight to celebrate my birthday. Chelsea is very excited and seems to be signalling 'goal' quite frequently. Traditionally we have Lobster Bisque, A lightly fried white fish, Duck a la Orange and Crepe Suzette. The wines are a dry sherry then local dry riesling, chardonnay, shiraz and a bold noble riesling. No pinot you will note as we are reserving that for the dining that follows the pre game parade and the game itself. If any of your team have arrived early they are very welcome to join us. I am very disappointed that you have not replied to the invitation I sent to you some six weeks ago. Still the affairs of state and all that must be attended to I guess.

16. TerryinBangkok

She's good at that. Hopefully she will be doing it for the right team this time. /Portals/0/User%20Images/chelsea%20roffy02.jpg Chels (that's our Chels) has sought permission to give you a big smooch and wish you well for your birthday, which we of course have granted. My apologies and afraid you are right about affairs of state - just sorting out the finals SNAFU and preventing Lenh from taking anyone off the board have managed to keep me quite busy. While all the while JC keeps climbing up the ladder behind my back. Hopefully we can relax and catch up a bit when I arrive with the team on Thursday.

17. Len

best tush in the AFL, by a whole gender

18. J_C

J_C Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    While all the while JC keeps climbing up the ladder behind my back. Alrighty then.....

19. TerryinBangkok

JC wrote:
    TerryinBangkok wrote:
    While all the while JC keeps climbing up the ladder behind my back. Alrighty then..... Obvious typo. Am sure JC meant 'almighty then'.

20. TerryinBangkok

Chelsea having a ball in New Zealand. The Waikiks have laid on the VIP treatment and Chelsea has been helping out with meeting and greeting dignitaries and former dignitaries. Chelsea is seen here chatting with the former PM from across the pond about her phone call to Hirdy warning him that ASADA were after his ass. chels invited Julia to show his appreciation for her efforts to try and preserve Essendon as a viable entity. /Portals/0/User%20Images/chelsea03.jpg/Portals/0/User%20Images/chelsea04.jpg