Winds of Change Discussion Thread 2015 into 2016

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Sep 10, 2015.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

...the suspense...

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Think there is two issues here. The first is; would coaches prefer a 2nd chance finals set up? That should be fairly easy to get a yes or no to. If a majority of coaches are in favour, then it should be up to the administration to suggest ways in which this could be done. That, I think, is where the contention lays. At the moment, neither issue seems clear. I'm happy to setup a poll on the who would prefer a 2nd chance final, but given we would possibly all be in favour of it the real question is 'Who would like a 2nd chance final at the expense of...' :) I like Bandit's idea of the State of Origin series, and as it can't impact the league functions at all unless someone comes up with a compelling reason not to do it I am happy to just run with it. Bandit you're in charge of it :) Re the finals options, I'll setup a poll shortly so we can call this dealt with, though to be honest I am not seeing any real concerted push for a change model.Only 8 of the eighteen have posted in here at all, and 3 of them stated a preference for no change and another 2 could be read to have indicated support for that without exactly stating it. Still if something other than not changing gets a 2/3 majority then law it shall be.

3. graeme

graeme Guest

State of Origin series will be a good watch for the players based in a small, fiercely independent country that is definitely not an Australia ]state. The Cows have scheduled a 10 a side game, 4 on the interchange bench with play on a half size field. Compulsory tasting glass of red wine each time a player comes off the ground. Will advise teams and result at a later date.

4. Len

graeme wrote:
    State of Origin series will be a good watch for the players based in a small, fiercely independent country that is definitely not an Australia ]state. The Cows have scheduled a 10 a side game, 4 on the interchange bench with play on a half size field. Compulsory tasting glass of red wine each time a player comes off the ground. Will advise teams and result at a later date. I feel Bandit is keen on recruiting you to the 'Rest', it's hardly inaccurate and as a autocratic republic the Bar is no damn state either :p

5. Len

Poll up in new thread, it's a topic where there is a lot of discussion and not a lot of majority agreement so have chosen a path should ensure people get a chance to vote for their chosen impact

6. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Len wrote:
    graeme wrote:
    State of Origin series will be a good watch for the players based in a small, fiercely independent country that is definitely not an Australia ]state. The Cows have scheduled a 10 a side game, 4 on the interchange bench with play on a half size field. Compulsory tasting glass of red wine each time a player comes off the ground. Will advise teams and result at a later date. I feel Bandit is keen on recruiting you to the 'Rest', it's hardly inaccurate and as a autocratic republic the Bar is no damn state either :p Now that NZ is stateless after giving St. Kilda the toss, perhaps a little humility might be in order. That is, of course, if Graeme would like to see his players in the colours of the Western Isle.

7. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Len wrote:
    graeme wrote:
    State of Origin series will be a good watch for the players based in a small, fiercely independent country that is definitely not an Australia ]state. The Cows have scheduled a 10 a side game, 4 on the interchange bench with play on a half size field. Compulsory tasting glass of red wine each time a player comes off the ground. Will advise teams and result at a later date. I feel Bandit is keen on recruiting you to the 'Rest', it's hardly inaccurate and as a autocratic republic the Bar is no damn state either :p Now that NZ is stateless after giving St. Kilda the toss, perhaps a little humility might be in order. That is, of course, if Graeme would like to see his players in the colours of the Western Isle. Since when have we been humble to the land of the long white cloud... we steal all their best and claim it for our own, rumour has it the All Blacks are currently being fitted for Wallabies jerseys That being said, I assumed that our friend from the far eastern state of Australia would like to partake in the game... so consider this now an official invitation Graeme... would like to come over to my place for a play date one day?