Yeah its a little early but NAB cup is pretty much over....

Discussion in 'RMT' started by FixEmUp, Mar 13, 2012.

1. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Birchall, Howard, Bower, Darley
    Ellis, Morris

Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Miles, McDonald, Gibson
    Kerridge, Magner

Cox, Kreuzer
    Giles, Redden

Franklin, Goodes, Martin, Zaharakis, Ballantyne, Porplyzia, Saad
    Hall, Couch

81K left

Thoughts?

2. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

FWIW, I reckon both Hargrave and Lake are better mid-pric options down back than Howard. Gibson hasn't exactly lit it up in games or stats sheets that I've seen. Zaharakis seems out of touch and I don't think Frodo will make it to a premium this year, which he'll need to, to be a worthwhile investment.

3. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

i got a feeling Tigers will play 1 off Ellis or Morris and the obvious option is Ellis. James Mcdonald doesnt seem to be as good as some other rookies. Ballantynes disposal will never allow him to be premium. I dont mind howard apparently hes the new gilbee, bit risky IMO but it could pay off, same goes with Zaka.If i was you i would use that 80k to turn Zaka into Fyfe/Pav.
    Like me you have Hall, im hoping he plays but he hasnt played the last 2 NAB games.

4. Dave80

Dave80 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from b_frazer5 on March 12, 2012, 15:06
    i got a feeling Tigers will play 1 off Ellis or Morris and the obvious option is Ellis. James Mcdonald doesnt seem to be as good as some other rookies. Ballantynes disposal will never allow him to be premium. I dont mind howard apparently hes the new gilbee, bit risky IMO but it could pay off, same goes with Zaka.If i was you i would use that 80k to turn Zaka into Fyfe/Pav.
    Like me you have Hall, im hoping he plays but he hasnt played the last 2 NAB games.</blockquote>
    What he said^. Agree with it all

5. Dave80

Dave80 New Member

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, J. Adcock, N. Malceski, R. Hargrave, B. Ellis (A. Tomlinson, J. Brennan)
    MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Boyd, J. Selwood, J. McCarthy, C. Smith, A. Miles (T. Ledger, L. Brown)
    RUC: D. Cox, I. Maric (J. Giles, J. Redden)
    FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, J. Porplyzia, D. Smith, S. Kerridge (B. Smedts, S. Rowe)
    CASH LEFT: &#36;28,500
    Atm its Adcock but could be Bruoghts
    Malceski/Waters & harg/lake/howard

Gone for Rowe in forwards to switch into R4 when hopefully Redden has done his job(cash cow)trade up from him with another jiucy c&#36;ching&#36;r

Thoughts & critisism granted

6. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Dave80 you're drinking the illicit liquor of midprice. Could be a great season or could be a world of pain.

7. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Hornsy on March 12, 2012, 14:40
    FWIW, I reckon both Hargrave and Lake are better mid-pric options down back than Howard.</blockquote>
    Seconded.

8. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Dave80

With only 2 on the bench this year, carrying someone who isn't going to get a game like Rowe is very risk. One injury or suspension and your down to no bench.

No Collingwood premiums - WOW very risky!

Maric and Malceski are interesting picks. I can't see them having breakout years, although agree they are in for better years. I'd look elsewhere imo with these two.

9. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

I havent got any Collingwood premiums in my side as it stands.

Probably use one of those rookie mids to upgrade to Swan or Pendles.

Ablett, Murph and Selwood should be enough to carry me for the time being.

FWIW i took Howard out and put Lake in. Got rid of Morris and put Yagmoor in. McDonald out for Pfiefer.
    Zaha and Ballantyne out for Fyfe and Karnezis however &#60;&#60;&#60; might be taken out shortly.

10. Shamo50

Shamo50 New Member

DEF: Newman, Duffield, Waters, Lake, Hargreaves
    Bower, Ellis (Smedts, Darley)
    MIDS: YYAABLEET, Selwood, Watson, Redden, D Smith
    A Miles, (J McDonald, Magnet)
    RUCKS: H Mac, I Maric, (Redden, Giles)
    FORW: Buddy, Goodsey, Fyfeman, Chapsticks, Slim Dusty
    Dangermouse, The Porper ( Saad, Hampton)

Be Harsh. Be very Harsh
    I understand I need to downgrade a DEF and Upgrade to a Prem
    Please advise

11. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

Okay Shamo50, your back line has too many midrangers, i would choose 1 of lake or hargrave and the 1 you don't choose i would use that cash to upgrade water to a premium defender. You have to have at least 2 of shaw, deledio, scotland and goddard.
    Your mids are not bad, IMO i would choose 1 of Watson or Redden.
    I think your Rucks are too risky, you cannot have both HMAC and Ivan Mullet. i reckon you upgrade 1 of them to a premium Ruck.
    Maybe lower Chappy or danger to a rookie and use the spare money to upgrade some of your other midrangers into premiums in other positions!

12. patash

patash New Member

alrighty then, well here goes, goddard,scotland,suckling,deledio,shaw,lake,darle(ellis,morris) ablett,watson,griffen,clifton,neale,miles(mcdonald,magner) mummy,giles,(bigO,redden) franklin,dangefield,martin,fyfe,zaha,porpa,cameron(saad,hall) ....thoughts

13. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Neale is injured.
    No Collingwood players other than shaw. Do you think they will have no others in the echelon of SC this year?

Zaharakis has not impressed me to date. I think there are better mid-priced options than him, such as Robbie Gray.

14. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Quick one fellas, Malceski, Lake and Hargrave at D4 to D6, a mid-price monstrosity or a viable backline option?

15. johnnypatch

johnnypatch New Member

back; godd, h scotland, deledio, broughton, lake, ellis, darley.(smedts, bugg)
    mid; jesus, swan, murphy, boyd, d.smith, miles.(clifton, ledger)
    ruck;sandi, maric (giles, redden)
    forwards; buddy, fyfe, martin, porp, pfeiffer, saad,cameron (kerridge, hall)

whatdayarecon ruck is were im focusing now... could put nic nat instead of maric and mummy for sandi...i just want cox sandi for finals, come on big toe! 205k atm

16. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

AA I reckon its the former. Mal in particular is just a bad price and at age 28, I just can't see him going premium.

The approx &#36;90K less for the two Bulldogs boys makes more sense IMO because if they don't go premium, (therefore becoming season keepers), you can hopefully still cash them out at a profit.

17. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Cheers The Onion, that's what my reckoning is aswell, too much risk with the eski for such a high price, although he did look really good last weekend.