Yeah, its crazy day ... but 30 secs would be appreciated!

Discussion in 'RMT' started by Epicity, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Epicity

Epicity New Member

Been playing with this bad boy like a chimp with a frog. Yep. Youtube style ...

Anyway, aside from the massive L on my forehead for picking Jerusalem in my forward line, I think it's decent? $240k left in the jam jar for some retail therapy down the track ... maybe pick up that three-piece tailored Pendles suit or pair of hand-crafted Murphy leather slip-ons I've got my eye on ...

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

B: Scotland, Shaw, Broughton, Dempsey, Ellis, Mohr, Bugg (Morris, J Allen)
    M: Ablett, Swan, Rockliff, Selwood, Parker, Smith (Kerridge, Magner)
    R: Cox, Mumford (Giles, Stephenson)
    F: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Porp, Smith, Folau, Saad (Skinner, A Hall)

2. pollypies

pollypies Member

I think Rockcliff could be a great choice. I haven't seen too many people go with him either, so he is a POD. I didn't pick him, but it seems that him and Redden will regularly be best two Lions players.

Not sure about Allen, has scored 6 points in two NAB cup gamnes and would be surpirsed if he is picked early on. I'm not sure Skinner or Saad will be dependable. Saad doesn't seem to get a lot of the ball but is a beautiful kick for goal. Can see him being hit or miss. And not sure about Skinners JS.

I thought about Dempsey but decided against it. I think selecting him is very speculative. I see it as a decision between Lake, Dempsey, Hargrave and Bower. Lake, Bower and Hargrave have shown they can do it before but obviously have some baggage. Whereas if you choose Dempsey, you are basically expecting hiim to show something that he has not previously. Hird did say he has matured and had a good pre-season, but it would not be the first time you heard this from a coach.

You rucks can potentially score you a lot of points, and two Premimum rucks is a POD in itself. Overall, it's great to see someone take some chances. But I think you could make some modifications, so that your risk is not so great, but still retain your POd.

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

5 rookies up forward where the weaker rookies are. Add Porp to the mix and I think it's playing with fire.

4. Epicity

Epicity New Member

Thanks, guys ... good feedback ...

Lucas ... you're on the money, it's worrying me, too ... aside from downgrading Cox to get some $ I can't think of how else I can get another mid or prem into the forward line mix ... ?

5. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Basically the question is are Cox + forward rookie going to score more than Forward prem + Giles?

6. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Can't see Skinner playing R1, will know for certain in about six hours time though.

7. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Epi - is that a cat or a kangaroo?
    Most seem to agree youre leaving yourself open for slaughter on this team if it rolls baldy...season OVER.
    Id swap redden into your rucks, either for Orren, or preferably Cox.
    This gives you money to buy a better forward (Danger/Sidey?) and get rid of skinner,
    plus upgrade J Allen (who?) for someone like BLake.

Then youll sleep better and still get to take a risk on Dempsey.

Still, best advice is: dont let people change your hairstyle

8. Epicity

Epicity New Member

Thanks lads. Much appreciated.

Gary - it's a cat, dude. An extremely talented one, evidently.

Slaughter doesn't sound like fun, but to your point, doing the comb-over doesn't either ...

Hmmm. Any other FWD mids worth dancing with???

9. Epicity

Epicity New Member

OK ...

Here's a rework - leaves me $4k in the biscuit tin + lets me keep Cox from the first bounce ...

B: Scotland, Shaw, Broughton, Hargrave, Ellis, Mohr, Bugg (Morris, Smedts)
    M: Ablett, Swan, Rockliff, Selwood, Parker, Smith (Kerridge, Magner)
    R: Cox, Mumford (Giles, Stephenson)
    F: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Sidebottom, Smith, Folau, Saad (Weedon, A Hall)

Still mad? Hit me ...