Zero $$ remaining salary cap!

Discussion in 'RMT' started by Like a V6, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Like a V6

Like a V6 New Member

Hi guys,

After reading another great TS article (Last Minute Best Buy's), suddenly Cloke and the unpredictable scoring by a tagged KPF didn't seem so attractive. In addition to a few other rookie shuffles, I brought in Rioli and for the first time in 4 SC years, my team value was 10 mill even!

Rioli has had a pretty ordinary preseason and personally I've been burnt before by his hamstring injuries (2010 + 2011). In amongst so much talk of Danger vs Gray going on I wonder if Cyril is a bit of a dark horse set for a breakout to upper premium?

BACK: Goddard, Delidio, Shaw, Malceski, Clarke, Bugg, Ellis [Boumann, Morris]

MID: Ablett, Pendles, Murphy, Selwood, Magner, McDonald [Shiels, Ledger]

RUCK: Mumford, Giles [Stephenson, Redden]

FORWARD: Buddy, Fyfe, Martin, Rioli, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, D Smith [Dickson, Couch]

with....ZERO remaining in the bank!

I've already regretted my malceski buy, I probably should have gone lake. I wasn't impressed with Malceski at all last Saturday night. But I'm happy to put it down to being rusty atm.

Wondering what people's thoughts are on Cloke/Dangerfield vs Rioli/Sidebottom?

Any feedback would be great!

2. Like a V6

Like a V6 New Member

Thanks for the awesome feedback Anthrak - appreciate it!

Agree with your Malceski comment, I think with a few more games & if he can stay healthy, I hope he'll pump out the 90-100's he used to score. I'm going for league wins so it doesn't start for me until R3. I made Mumford captain too which was disappointing!

Just a quick question - what are your main concerns with Clarke? I think he had a poor start to the pre-season but looks to be in Collingwood's best 22 after solid latter NAB matches. Hopefully he'll get a fair few games in too and find his foot again previously capable of up to 80 ppg.

Good suggestion on switching the forwards around to try and fit Lake in! Unfortunately the closest I got was 12k short with Rioli -> Dangerfield + Sidebottom.

I could easily free up cash by going from Murphy to Hodge though. There are concerns about Gibbs affecting Murphy's scoring, but having said that he is just so damn consistent!

Gray is really interesting..tough arguments going around regarding these forwards set to play mostly in the midfield Sidey vs Danger vs Gray. They're all super talented and primed for breakouts..the Crow supporters I know rate the pants off Dangerfield. If he plays midfield consistently, he should easily score 100avg right? But I got him last year with all of the same talk and he was pretty disappointing for me. I wonder if just depends on the coach saying they intend to play them predominantly in the midfield? also mid pricers always smash NAB cup then become average.

Not 100% sold on Rioli, will Rioli spend much time in the midfield? He does pose some interesting questions having all the same traits as the triple threat above except that he's proven he can do it each week..as long as he is playing with an intact hammy. No improvement will still have him scoring 100 avg. Whereas assuming Danger/Sidey do improve, it's likely it will probably only be to a 90avg. 100+ is what we're all hoping but how likely is it?

Supercoach is tough! Moneyball x stocks.

3. pollypies

pollypies Member

I'm having a similar dilmena with my forwards. Have already changed it a few times. I have settled on Danger, but I am deciding between Cloke and Gray. I haven't seen any of the Port Adelaide NAB games. Is Gray actually playing much in the midfield? Or is he playing a high half forward role like previous years?

4. Like a V6

Like a V6 New Member

yeah good question pollypies...he's meant to be predominantly midfield with forward rests.

but who knows?!

Cloke vs Gray is tough. Cloke is a monster up forward and I had him locked for the past month, he'll continue to grab the highest number of contested marks in the league and whether or not his kicking improves he'll definitely still kick goals. My only concern is that it would suck to lose a close league game because the KPF has an off game or is too heavily tagged. I'm not sure he'll rise in value much either..although his contract is up this year and the pies supporters I know think he'll leave to GWS for massive $$$ - so there's more incentive for him to play at his best for a ?better deal.

rioli vs cloke vs gray....danger vs sidey - i'm losing hair over this!

5. Like a V6

Like a V6 New Member

Gray is out!

I'm having a massive headache over Rioli vs Cloke

and Danger vs Sidey

Any thoughts?

I mite post it in the RMT megathread for thumbs - but any thoughts on the team? Martin is killing it and no-one seems to be tagging Gibbs!