ORFFF League Setup, rules and key dates discussion

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Nov 27, 2012.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

no worries I do see your logic - I think we are just interpreting events somewhat differently is all

my take is that usually there is a pre PSD part to the PSD trade period (which did not apply in 2016 but would of course in 2017) and a post PSD part to the PSD trade period (which will apply this year and next)

and my take on your take is that there is only ever a trade period prior to the PSD and that by having this one afterwards we have things "arse about"

of course I could be massively mistaken - and probably am - anyhoo whichever way it gets decided we are all equally affected - and this is why Bear, Ant and Jam get paid the not so big bucks to get it sorted I guess

• Like Like x 1
  2. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

I'm more concerned that I've barely had time to think during and after the weekend :(

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

@TheTassieHawk Are you gonna keep running with these rules setups? Its been a while since we've heard from you...
    Im happy to take over with facilitating it if you prefer, but its up to you mate.

4. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Hey mate,

I have moved your post to the rules discussion thread.

It appears the 15/4 discussion has been had, I have been a little busy this week at work and at home but I have some suggestions for possible alternatives to the "AFL top 8 finals system" some have proposed. I will follow this up on the weekend assuming I have a little bit of time to do so. I don't see this as a massive decision either way.

From my perspective there are 3 "rules" options (there may be others)
    - have no formal rules (ORFFA style)
    - adopt the ORFFU rules (above somewhere) with the minor amendments agreed above and elsewhere
    - adopt the draft ORFFF rules above with the minor amendments agreed above and elsewhere, noting that the rules currently do not allow for trading within the draft and may also have other variances to what we end up adopting.

There seems to be very little discussion generally so its probably a good time for yourself - or someone else you delegate to - to review and wrap up sometime prior to the season starting as needed. In other words, that's a definite YES to someone else driving this. For clarity I'd prefer not to have any further involvement in re-drafting rules if possible.

Also it would be good for some fairly prompt clarification regarding which draft picks are currently tradeable (until this window finishes) would be much appreciated as the trade window has been open for a few days now.

Apart from "rules" having an ORFFF "calendar of events" (up to 2017 Round 1??) might be handy to have by early March but I think we are tracking fine - others will no doubt chip in if they have a different view.

Cheers TTH

• Like Like x 1
  5. anthak

Im not sure why you moved my comment.

Nice of you to not automatically assume everyone will go with a version of your drafted rules, but I reckon we could safely rule out the ORFFU rules, and also probably the "unwritten rules" style of the FA, however I will probably set up a poll for the two options...

No shit, :) haha... I would have liked to have gotten onto this a couple of days ago, but thought you may have wanted to continue facilitating it so I've waited until I heard from you...
    This is mentioned in the trading thread I created last Monday: "Trades can involve players and/or draft picks (from either/both the 2016 MSD and/or the 2017 PSD)."
    Read more at http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/2016-pre-season-trade-thread.89277/#69aBSFbI3xRATQwv.99

Thank you

6. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I think the main reason the FA doesn't have a formal set is no-one ever bothered to put them all in one place, mostly being precedent based they have gravitas regardless, there are none that are whim based that I can recall.

On the evidence at this very early stage it's hard to see the collegiate mentality that exists in the FA translating to the FF at least in it's infancy so formalising them is probably a good idea :)

I'm in favour of strong opinions, it promotes discussion and very often is merely a manifestation of passion, but when there is an inevitability of diametrically opposed strong opinions, having a an established & documented set of principles to refer to feels ideal :p

• Like Like x 3
  7. anthak

8. anthak

I am guessing we will probably go with these drafted rules as a base. Thanks to TTH for compiling them. However no rules has a nice sound to it for this anarchist ;) Ultimate freedom, ultimate responsibility :)
    I will set up a poll to decide if we go with these rules, or with no rules...

If we go with no rules, I propose that we proceed with freedom and have a thread open for if anyone feels a rule is necessary for any given reason, at any stage people can post suggested rules in there for discussion and if there is consensus in the group, it could set the precedent for the given rule. So we could list the precedents in a separate thread and as such be compiling rules on the go as they are needed, meaning we should only have necessary rules in there.

If we go with the above drafted rules, I plan to set up 7 threads, 1 for each section of the rules, so that we can discuss each section in more detail and adjust where necessary.

Ill set up the poll now.

9. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Any chance you two blokes can post your comments in a language that non-educated plebs like me can understand what the hell you're discussing......;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

lolololol.
    ps. check your email chop.
    pps. i really did lol

11. anthak

I have set up 7 threads now to discuss the separate sections of the rules.

We'll leave these open for discussion until end of February, and then do any votes if necessary after that.

Please use the 7 threads to discuss, or to propose any changes to the rules in the thread.

The threads can be found here:

TEAMS: http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/rules-discussion-teams.89288/#zbTbrJoM4582M1Vh.97
    FIXTURE: http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/rules-discussion-fixture.89289/#qJXisSDuVYVDSRF7.97
    ORFFF COMPETITION LADDER AND FINALS: http://tooserious.net/forum/threads...-ladder-and-finals.89290/#t0FxKercXKlASYCx.97
    TRADES: http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/rules-discussion-trades.89291/#EiEwjQdmBTsqj9si.97
    PLAYING SQUAD DELISTMENTS: http://tooserious.net/forum/threads...-squad-delistments.89292/#LLE0vzyILuVBye7s.97
    DRAFTING: http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/rules-discussion-drafting.89293/#YCtIrpsD1QABbFIi.97
    POSITIONS OF POWER: http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/rules-discussion-positions-of-power.89294/#t1XIzpAUJEkVmOM3.97

• Like Like x 1
  12. anthak

"We'll leave these open for discussion until end of February, and then do any votes if necessary after that."

tonight is the night...

• Like Like x 1
  13. anthak

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback in the relevant threads.

I have taken it all into consideration.

I have already added some things to the draft rules and changed others, based on them having widespread support.

I have set up a survey regarding several other matters that were raised that we need to decide on.
    Some ideas I have ruled out already, because there was only dissent to their proposal.

I will start a conversation with the survey link for you all.

It would be great if everyone could complete this asap. It will be open until 4am AEDT on Tuesday March 8th, however if we get 16 respondents sooner, I will close it and move on.
    Obviously, please only take the survey once each :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. anthak

just quickly, thanks to everyone for voting in the survey so quickly. I am now drafting the rest of the rules and will give y'all an update as soon as I can.

Also, someone asked in the final comments section about why a question about auctions wasn't included in the survey... Its because I didn't include things that we had already voted on. We had already made a decision on the auctions: http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/poll-about-auctions.89297/#mWRxeI7D68gaSOEL.97

15. anthak

• Like Like x 1
  16. anthak

thats done.
    Now there is a poll up to endorse the rules formally:
    http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/poll-to-endorse-the-rules.89327/#tvvaMjfMJwIPXBMs.97