ORFFW 2019 Round 2

Discussion in 'ORFFW' started by TheTassieHawk, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the clash between the Devils and the Termites

Poll closed Feb 10, 2019.
  1. LSC by 50 plus

14.3%
  2. LSC by 1-49 points

71.4%
  3. Tenterfield by 1-49 points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Tenterfield by 50 plus

14.3%
  1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Round 2 of ORFFW competition commences on Friday night, with Sunday AFLW teams likely to be trimmed in the hours prior to the first match..

https://womens.afl/news/16161/teams-cats-get-boost-for-clash-with-premiers

The Round 2 ORFFW fixture is posted at http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/2019-orffw-fixture-now-updated.90317/ and http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=21

Please note that until further notice all of the ORFFW teams need to be re-entered weekly at http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagueTeam.php and can then be viewed at http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagueMatchday.php?leagueId=21&round=2

In case of late withdrawals it will be assumed that E1 and E2 are named in reverse order (as per Round 1) on the Matchday screen.

Onto the Round 2 previews
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Firstly at the Falcon Dome the 3rd (or 4th) placed Lake Fanny @Jason hosts the 1st placed Manildra side after both opened their account in fine style in Round 1 with wins over Ternterfield and LSC Devils respectively.

Much of the build up this week has been the controversial decision to keep the match at Lake Fanny with reportedly dangerous smoke levels in the air due to the bushfires around Liaweenee on the direct approach to Lake Fanny from Northern Tasmania.
    faclosn.png
    Spokersperson for the Falcons – Liz Lukin (pictured) – was surprised that ORFFW management would even dream of querying the risk management practices of the home side, but suggested that the Mystix should bring their own Hazmat suits, breathing masks and asthma medication just in case.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    At Mount Panorama Sporting Complex the 6th placed Bathurst side @Len will look to rebound from a disappointing Round 1 loss to Pomona as they clash with a Vivonne Bay side @That KI Guy fresh off an iumpressive long distance derby victory over Katanning last start.

Coach @Len has declared that his team needs to get off to a flyer and given they are stacked with Giants and Roos playing on Friday night a fast start is assured, while @That KI Guy should watch out for the locals doing middle of the night burnouts on the playing arena and the ground managers accidentally leaving the sprinklers on overnight as the visitors attempt to reel in the Belles lead over the course of the weekend
    Round 2 cannot arrive quickly enough for a Krushers side @FreoDockers keen to atone for a poor first up display against Vivonne Bay. They play a visiting Nymphs outfit @anthak that will be aiming to depart Prosser Park 2-0 for the season.

@FreoDockers has described last week as a one off aberration and with a feral crowd and the lopsided free kick count that all WA home sides expect likely to be in their favour the match is likely to be hard fought and willing in the early, middle and late stages.
    The remaining match of the round sees the LSC Devils @dmandrews at home to the Tenterfield Termites @stripey with both sides looking to open their account.

The Devils Den will be filled with passionate home fans as the majority of the Cradle-Mountain/Lake St Clair catchment turns up to support their ORFFW club in their home debut. The Termites have travelled over 2000km to get to the match and have used that time to fine tune their offensive game plan as they seek to take the 4 points back to Northern New South Wales at the conclusion of the contest.
    Please note that with no geographic rivalry clashes this week and no rivalry suggestions as yet from the 8 participating coaches this week has tentatively been dubbed the “Non – Rivalry Round”.

This can be amended and hoepfully will be if anyone can suggest a fitting rivalry name within the next few days for at least one of this week’s matchups.

Draftstars links for progress scores through the round
    https://play.draftstars.com.au/contest/C9Gir6O
    https://play.draftstars.com.au/contest/Cb0iq8G
    https://play.draftstars.com.au/contest/Cucirni
    https://play.draftstars.com.au/contest/ChkirRw
    https://play.draftstars.com.au/contest/CWDirCW

With the possible exception of Lake Fanny, good luck all !

• Like Like x 4
  2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Manildra were very impressive in Round 1. The Falcons had just one player not selected who would have improved our R1 score but even with that change we would not have topped the Mystix score.

We are going to need everything to go right for us to be winners in R2 I think.

PS. Lake Fanny is a beautiful spot, as this photo demonstrates:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Serious concerns for the Belles this week, stacked full of Friday night players, with thunderstorms predicted.
    Selection is certain to reflect the uncertainty around scores for that game.
    Good luck @That KI Guy

4. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

"Thunderstorms predicted" sounds like the technical term the ground staff use when they clumsily fall on the timer tap on their way out the door. Perfect. The soggier the better.
    Bring the rolling maul!

• Like Like x 1
  5. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

It's fair to say that knowing what i know now, I would've drafted somewhat differently... Looking at my 'fringe' players I don't hold much hope for a mid-season resurgence... :confused:

Alicia Eva was recruited to carry this team, a task she has so far failed to fulfill...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. stripey

I see your Lake Fanny and raise you with one Bald Rock.

[​IMG]

7. Jason

I see your big rock and think I can guess why they named it Bald Rock.
    Still struggling with why they named our own lake though...

• Like Like x 1
  8. stripey

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheTassieHawk

As it is 25 minutes until lockout I have rolled over Pomona's team from Round 1 and replaced Belinda Smith (dropped) with Anna Teague.

@anthak please make any changes you wish to prior to lockout.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Len

Opening game delayed due to the weather I mentioned earlier in the week, it should clear soon though the ground will be very wet

• Like Like x 1
  11. Len

upload_2019-2-8_22-21-42.png
    upload_2019-2-8_22-22-26.png
    upload_2019-2-8_22-23-7.png

• Like Like x 2
  12. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Shit, thanks heaps mate. I didn’t realise there was a Friday game. I just sat down to check teams and noticed Smith was out before I even realised there had already been a game played... then I thought I’d missed lockout and was stuck with Smith.
    I appreciate you looking out for me and I apologise that you had to!

NBA trade deadline had me in a spin these last few days!

13. stripey

TEN 1/68, LSC 0/0

14. Jason

Falcons 248/4, Mystix 30/1

15. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Belles 230/4 vs Valks 137/2

• Like Like x 1
  16. Len

Hard to get closer than that on numbers, unf I think my supposed strength has mostly played in last nights mudbath

17. TheTassieHawk

No worries @anthak teams get carried forward in the other leagues and no one here wants to see a zero just because this one doesn't.

18. stripey

TEN 98/2 LSC 148/3

19. Len

20. stripey

Aww nuts.. Emma Mackie out so I only get half of Bonnici’s 41.... makes it tough now