2022 GWFFPL Round 4

Discussion in 'ORFFW' started by FreoDockers, Jan 26, 2022.

1. FreoDockers

FreoDockers Administrator

Round 4 is upon us quicker than first thought with the AFL rescheduling and adding extra games!
    At this stage it looks like all AFLW teams will be hitting the park this weekend. The two extra games including the WA sides will not be counted in round 4.

This week sees the following matchups taking place

Canberra Conservatives (2/1) vs Kyoto Kruisers (1/2)
    ==> last time they met Kyoto won by 96
    The Conservatives have started out of the blocks under their new coach and the travelling Kruisers will have plenty of work trying to keep them at bay

Lagos Royals (1/2) vs Las Vegas Legends (0/3)
    ==> last time they met Las Vegas won by 108
    Someone's getting a valuable 4 points in this matchup - will the Royals push further up the ladder or will the Legends open their account for 2022

Lima Llamas (3/0) vs Korean Kickers (1/2)
    ==> last time they met the Kickers won by 108
    Lima are fast becoming the team to beat this year with their powerful lineup. Can the visiting Kickers challenge or be the next to fall to the Llamas?

Stuttgart Storm (2/1) vs Vancouver Vixens (2/1)
    ==> first time they met Vancouver won by 132
    ==> the last time they met Stuttgart won by 52 to win the 2021 Premiership title
    The most evenly matched on paper, this could be the match of the round. The visiting Vixens will be keen to test themselves against the home Storm and this 4 points could be the most valuable of the round

The deadline for postponements this week is Friday 2pm, and the full round lockout is the start of Carlton vs NM (Sunday 310pm)

Can all coaches please note that due to tsleagues issues TTH has cleared all Round 3 teams and placed players into the Round 4 lineups on a somewhat random basis. As a result please ensure that your Collingwood and Fremantle players are correctly placed prior to the round commencing.

Good luck everyone

@Chloe @TheTassieHawk @CamCamMan88 @Peter W @dmandrews @hoschke118 @Pearcey47

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

As per previous weeks we are providing an updated list of indicative AFLW alignments for coaches to draw upon in the event that a postponement is declared PRIOR TO 2pm FRIDAY AFTERNOON (Melb time), if that does not occur the alignment remains indicative only and no topups should be selected or named to play.

Can all coaches please read this post and then like the post so that we know you have seen and undertstand the content.

Where XX is the number of players on a Premier League list impacted by a postponed game:-

Kruisers - @FreoDockers - GWS Free Agents only (unchanged from Rounds 2 and 3)
    http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.p...=FA&team=GWS&tsLeagueId=22&sort=ave&desc=desc

The Kruisers may select a maximum of XX Free Agents for a 4 day contract. The topups are free to be named anywhere onfield or on any of the emergency positions.

Royals - @Peter W - Western Bulldogs Free Agents only (was Fremantle in Rounds 2 and 3)
    http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.p...=FA&team=WBD&tsLeagueId=22&sort=ave&desc=desc

The Royals side may select a maximum of XX Free Agents for a 4 day contract. The topups are free to be named anywhere onfield or on any of the emergency positions.

Vixens - @dmandrews - St Kilda Free Agents only (unchanged from Round 3)

http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.p...=FA&team=STK&tsLeagueId=22&sort=ave&desc=desc

The Vixens may select a maximum of XX Free Agents for a 4 day contract. The topups are free to be named anywhere onfield or on any of the emergency positions.

Storm - TTH - West Coast Free Agents only (unchanged from Rounds 2 and 3)
    http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.p...=FA&team=WCE&tsLeagueId=22&sort=ave&desc=desc

The Storm may select a maximum of XX Free Agents for a 4 day contract. The topups are free to be named anywhere onfield or on any of the emergency positions.

Canberra - @CamCamMan88 - Adelaide Free Agents only (unchanged from Rounds 2 and 3)
    http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.p...=FA&team=ADE&tsLeagueId=22&sort=ave&desc=desc

The Canberra* side may select a maximum of XX Free Agents for a 4 day contract. The topups are free to be named anywhere onfield or on any of the emergency positions.

Kickers - @Chloe - Melbourne Free Agents only (unchanged from Round 3)

http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.p...=FA&team=MEL&tsLeagueId=22&sort=ave&desc=desc

The Kickers may select a maximum of XX Free Agents for a 4 day contract. The topups are free to be named anywhere onfield or on any of the emergency positions.

Llamas - @hoschke118 - Brisbane Free Agents Only (changed from NM in Round 2 and Rich in Round 3)

http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.p...=FA&team=BRL&tsLeagueId=22&sort=ave&desc=desc

The Llamas may select a maximum of XX Free Agents for a 4 day contract. The topups are free to be named anywhere onfield or on any of the emergency positions.

Legends - @Pearcey47 - Geel Free Agents only (was Suns in Round 2 and NM in Round 3)

http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.p...=FA&team=GEE&tsLeagueId=22&sort=ave&desc=desc

The Legends side may select a maximum of XX Free Agents for a 4 day contract. The topups are free to be named anywhere onfield or on any of the emergency positions.

-------------------------

There no indicative topup alignments for the Thursday night match - Collingwood vs Fremantle, or either of the two Sunday matches Carlton vs NM or Richmond vs the Suns

The Royals switch from Freo to WBD, while the Llamas switch from Richmond to Brisbane and the Legends from NM to Geelong

The Kruisers, Vixens, Storm, Canberra, Royals and Kickers have unchanged alignments.

Please refer to the above in the eventuality that there is an AFLW postponement advised prior to 2pm on Friday afternoon, otherwise it can be ignored.

Please note that any AFLW postponements advised after 2pm on Friday night will not result in topups being accessed, this will be instead covered by "awarded scores" detailed later in the thread.

Thanks TTH

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheTassieHawk

The Premier League topup process used in Round 3 continues.

It remains a 1:1 replacement, with only players ruled out for the 2022 season excluded from the calculation.

Topup players can be selected from any postion and be named anywhere in the weekly squad of 18 that the coach prefers.

If the postponed game is advised prior to Friday 2pm topups for that game apply, and if the postponed game involves 2 of the above Premier League aligned AFLW teams then the 2 Premier League teams involved must choose either Carlton or North Melbourne as their updated AFLW alignment partner.

If the postponed game is advised after Friday 2pm then topups for that game do not apply and instead an AWARDED SCORE will be allocated based on the players current 2022 average times a % scaling factor of 75%.

Either 1 or 2 postponements in any given round will see the Premier League carry on for the week irrespective of when the postponements were advised, however if a 2nd postponement occurs please be sure to head to this thread and await further directions from either @FreoDockers or myself.

If there are 3 postponements in any given round then the round will be cancelled and played in place of the currently scheduled Round 8 so that we maintain a full home and away round robin where very sides plays each other prior to the finals.

As advised previously coaches are required to have familiarity with how the postponement topup system works and be more engaged throughout the early part of the weekend due to the potential COVID impacts as far as rolling team selections, HSP's and potential postponements at short notice than would otherwise be the case.

Please ask questions as you need but most of all have FUN, enjoy the footy and DO NOT feel any pressure at all to prioritise the comp over real life which always comes first.

At this stage I anticipate the topup system being pared back post expansion of lists via the upcoming midseason draft in the 2nd week of February.

@FreoDockers and I will advise at the earliest possible time once decisions are made for the post midseason draft period and Premier League Finals Series.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TheTassieHawk

Can all coaches please note that I have removed round 3 topups from each squad.

In doing so I did not save changes to teams correctly and then created issues in tsleagues that required me to either undo and redo the process or to clear all teams and due to lack of time I chose to do the latter.

Please note that I have placed players into the Round 4 lineups on a somewhat random basis and you may have less than 18 in your team currently.

As a result please ensure that your Collingwood and Fremantle players are correctly placed prior to the round commencing at 540pm (Melb time) on Thursday night.

Cheers TTH

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheTassieHawk

6. CamCamMan88

CamCamMan88 New Member

Hello

Harriet Cordner is delisted due to LTI for the remainder of 2022. Canberra therefore selects Libby Birch (DEF) of the Melbourne Demons to join the squad.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  7. FreoDockers

We have our first postponement for the weekend with the Eagles / Saints clash put on the backburner as the Eagles have run out of players...

This means the Storm (West Coast Eagles) and Vixens (St Kilda) will now need to have clubs re-assigned ASAP.

The replacement clubs are North Melbourne and Carlton on a first in best dressed situation.
    http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.p...=FA&team=CAR&tsLeagueId=22&sort=ave&desc=desc
    http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.p...=FA&team=NTH&tsLeagueId=22&sort=ave&desc=desc

Can @TheTassieHawk and @dmandrews please select your preferred team (Carlton or NM) for your topups asap.

Hopefully that's it for the postponements for round 4

• Like Like x 2
  8. Pearcey47

Pearcey47 Active Member

Legends sign the following from GEE:
    P McWilliams
    M McMahon
    D Maloney
    G Rankin
    C Emonson

to replace:
    B Jakobsson (STK)
    R Watt (STK)
    E Friend (STK)
    I Lewis (WCE)
    D Hooker (WCE)

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheTassieHawk

10. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

The Vancouver Vixens preferred club for Round 4 topups is Carlton.

• Like Like x 2
  11. TheTassieHawk

No worries @dmandrews, the Blues are yours while the Kangaroos hop over to Stuttgart to provide a D, F or IC reinforcement once Saturday and Sunday teams are finalised.

• Like Like x 1
  12. FreoDockers

The Krushers topups come from tonights GWS game and players have been announced therefore we welcome:
    Ally Dallaway
    Ally Morphett
    Katherine Smith
    Lisa Steane

to replace
    Hannah Priest
    Kate Shierlaw
    Charlie Thomas
    Parris Laurie

• Like Like x 1
  13. Peter W

Peter W Well-Known Member

Apologies if too late, I can generally only get on a few hours before the game, and starting at 5pm is a real hard thing for me to get to.

I saw I had three replacements to make, I just was going to go Gutknecht, Pritchard and Snell.

The latter two I had as emergencies for defence and fwd anyway, Gutknecht I'd put on my bench because no one was there, but that was after Livingstone had already played as emergency (again didn't realise I'd be copping a zero as didn't get a chance to check).

So if it's too late then just take Livingston's points instead of Gutknecht.

Unfortunately the 5pm time difference just buggered me today.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Peter W

Peter W Well-Known Member

Scratch this, just saw Davidson has been named to return, so Davidson will go to INT, Gutknecht MID EMG. That way the only Bulldogs inclusions are emergencies.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TheTassieHawk

16. FreoDockers

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  17. CamCamMan88

CamCamMan88 New Member

Is that 8:45 morning or night?

• Like Like x 1
  18. FreoDockers

Sorry - PM!!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Chloe

Chloe Active Member

Kickers are selecting Sarah Lampard (DEF) for Belinda Smith (WCE) and Eliza West (MID) for Mikayla Bowen (WCE) as topups from Melbourne for this weekend

• Like Like x 1
  20. TheTassieHawk