2022 ORFFW Rd 2 - COVID-A-GEDDON

Discussion in 'ORFFW' started by Len, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

AFLW Fixture (As of today)
    **Note the Bulldogs vs Geelong game is in serious doubt**
    upload_2022-1-13_13-3-10.png

ORFFW Matchups
    upload_2022-1-13_13-4-56.png

Ladder after round 1
    upload_2022-1-13_13-21-24.png

Good luck to all, monitor this thread, ie select watch and email, for updates regarding match statuses if we have postponements etc

Topups for teams most impacted by the postponement of Rd2 matches for the WB and Brisbane
    Blazers - Jasmine Ferguson, Daisy Walker, Ann McMahon, Ellie Hampson and Sophie Alexander
    Sirens - Brid Stack GWS, Eliza James Pies, Ally Dallaway GWS, Dana East Freo.
    Galahs - Sarah Perkins FWD Suns, Janelle Cuthbertson DEF Fremantle, Dee Heslop MID GCS (originally Courtney Jones MID Carlton)
    Belles - Andrea Gilmore WCE Ruck, Lisa Steane GWS Mid
    Krushers - Chelsea Biddell (Adel)

The other 7 ORFFW clubs did not require topups

• Like Like x 2
  2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

3. TheTassieHawk

FRIDAY TEAMS: Five changes apiece with BIG outs for Dees, Tigers (womens.afl)

2 major pieces of AFLW news today, and whilst this is in comparison relatively less important it greatly impacts our possible and potential methods of dealing with the major news.

------

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DEES AND TIGERS HAVE MADE A LOT OF CHANGES THROUGH COVID AND INJURY. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO BE ACROSS THESE CHANGES.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT WE EXPECT TO NEED TO CONSIDER TOPUPS FOR SOME OR ALL ORFFW SQUADS.

AT THIS STAGE THERE WILL BE NO CONSIDERATION GIVEN FOR COVERING A DONUT CAUSED BY LEAVING A DEES OR TIGERS PLAYER OUT OR YOUR ORRFW SQUAD OF 18 NAMED (there >>) TooSerious (<< there) HOWEVER YOU MAY NAME THEM AS AN ORFFW EMERGENCY PROVIDED YOU HAVE ALL ORFW ONFIELD POSTIONS COVERED IN YOUR TEAM TO THE BEST OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE

FURTHER DEES AND TIGERS SHOULD BE NAMED IN THEIR NATURAL LINE (ie DEF, MID, FWD or RUCK) INSTEAD OF ON THE IC. THIS GREATLY REDUCES THE RISK OF NEEDING TO FIELD OUT OF POSITION PLAYERS OR HAVING TO BRING IN UNNECESSARY TOPUPS

2nd LASTLY, WE NEED TO KNOW THAT PEOPLE HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS, PLEASE LOGON AND LIKE THIS POST SO THAT WE KNOW WHO MAY HAVE MISSED OUT READING IT AND CAN BE FOCUSSED IN FOLLOWING UP IF WE FEEL IT IS NEEDED

LASTLY IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE POST THEM BELOW UNLESS IT IS ABOUT WHAT OUR ROUND 2 AFLW MATCH POSTPONEMENT RESPONSE PLAN IS, WE WILL POST MORE ON THAT ASAP SO PLEASE BE PATIENT

--------

@FreoDockers @That KI Guy @Pearcey47 @Len @Lachlan Brown @ver_redit_optatum @Esther @Peter W @anthak @dmandrews @Tracey

• Like Like x 6
  4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Im sorry, I dont understand this at all.
    Im not sure how to even ask about it because im completely lost.

5. TheTassieHawk

I have texted @anthak privately regarding Pomona and Bangalow teams, if anyone else Is confused please post here.

• Like Like x 1
  6. anthak

Thanks for the message, but I still don’t understand why you’re suggesting to name players who won’t be playing (albeit as emergencies), and suggesting which line to name them on. I’m confused. but I see other people have liked your initial post, so I think it might be just me lol.
    Don’t worry about me. If I stuff something up with my team then I’ll just cop it.

7. anthak

Sorry, just re-read it and that’s not what youre suggesting. I’m clearly very confused haha

• Like Like x 2
  8. Len

• Like Like x 1
  9. ver_redit_optatum

ver_redit_optatum Well-Known Member

What are we doing about WBD & Brisbane? They get 0s?

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheTassieHawk

Very likely, don’t remove them from your team just yet, we will advise by half time tonight.

We want everyone focussed on getting maximum value from setting tonight’s players up per our suggestion above.

we appreciate everyone’s patience.

If anyone is going to be offline for a significant chunk of the period until 1240pm Sunday please let us know !!

11. ver_redit_optatum

I'll be offline from mid-afternoon tomorrow but I think my team stands/there is not much that can be done for it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Peter W

Peter W Well-Known Member

Timboon Trailblazers: Welp

DEF:
    Tarni White, Libby Birch, Tara Slender (No EMG)
    MIDS: Kiara Bowers, Alicia Eva, Erin Phillips, Abbie McKay (Courtney Rowley)
    RUCK: Alison Downie (No EMG)
    FWDS: ??? Stevie-Lee Thompson, Alyssa Bannan (No EMG)
    INT: Jess Good, Jess Doyle (Perri King)

IN: Abbie McKay (INT to MID), Alyssa Bannan (FWD EMG to FWD), Jess Good (RUCK EMG to INT)
    OUT: Maddi Gay (COVID), Brooke Lochland (COVID or COVID friends), Phoebe Monahan (versing people with COVID), Richelle Cranston (COVID or COVID friends), Ashleigh Guest (COVID or COVID friends), Breanna Koenen (versing people with COVID), Chloe Molloy (COVID_)

EDITED WITH DRAFTEES WHO MISSED ROUND 1. PROBS ONLY ROWLEY, MAYBE DOYLE WILL PLAY. SLENDER 0% CHANCE LOL

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  13. FreoDockers

FreoDockers Administrator

The Katanning Krushers are in a fortunate position to be able to field a side (Covid pending as at 3pm WST) subject to Sunday teams being announced or any more chaos overnight with more Saturday players being removed for standing too close to someone else...

As announced by TheTassieHawk above stay tuned for some hopeful relief for coaches who's teams are sailing close to the wind....

Def: Kerryn Harrington, Jess Dal Pos, Hannah Priest (no emergency)
    Mid: Dana Hooker, Hayley Miller, Jaimee Lambert, Meagan Kiely (Airlee Runnells)
    Ruck: Lauren Bella (no emergency)
    Fwd: Katie Brennan, Alana Barba, Katie Loynes (no emergency)
    Int: Rosie Dillon, Sarah Hosking (no emergency)

In: Lauren Bella, Alana Barba, Meagan Kiely
    Out: Issy Huntington (ACL), Bri Davey (ACL), Rhi Watt (sneezed at training)

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheTassieHawk

Ok it has been decided we will use topups for this round then talk afterwards to develop a solution for the remainder of the ORFFW season.

Some guidance

1 - Topups are only to be requested if the ORFFW team is unable to field 15 under their own steam, ie 13 onfield +2 emergencies, noting that per #3 the 13+2 may in some circumstances contain out of position players or emergencies, you cannot field 12+3, 11+4 or 10+5 and expect to receive topups.

2 - Topups may only allowed up to a maximum of the number of Brisbane and Bulldogs players in your squad who played AFLW in round 1 and who have not had a long term injury in that match, ie Huntington, Lutkins and Davidson are LTIs so do not count as being out only due to the postponement.

3 - the pricnicples outlined above for Dees and Tigers players apply equally to players named for Saturday. They should be fielded in your 18, filing Defence, Mid, Forward and Ruck lines before filling the IC. It is OK to field them as an emergency if it leaves better players onfield and no vacant positions within the 13.

4 - until Sunday teams are named you should not exclude a player becuase they missed Round 1, unless they are a confirmed LTI per the official injury list

5 - Squads are expected to cover missing players from within their own list before bringing topups onfield, with exceptions
    - if you have one out of position player named you will not be directed to field two, as we want teams of 12.5 plus onfield
    - other exceptions will be made on a case by case basis by application to Judge Freo, noting going in with a list of 18 or less fit and selected players in Round 1 was your decision and the supp draft was available to sort that

others things -

6 - no rucks can be selected as topups for Round 2 with the exception of the Belles, who name their ruck topup as R2 behind Rennie if they do so, and the ruck topup counts amongst the total topups allowed

7 - the Valks cannot select a topup in accordance with this guidance unless they also place Gabby Newton on the inactive and select a season long replacement

8 - how to select the players- at any stage following the publishing of these guidelines a team may apply to @FreoDockers within this round 2 thread to add XX number of list additions by way of a 4 day contract to specified ORFFW Free Agents (noting these cannot be rucks except as per 6 above)

For example - team A (for example) applies for 2 specified players, Freo Agrees by liking the post or disagrees by posting NO and quick reasons why

Teams can only apply once. So to be very clear if you apply on Saturday you cannot reapply on Sunday.

We recommend the weeks most affected teams wait until Saturday night team announcements as they may need 4 topups instead of 2, however the best suited topups may be selected earlier in the round

All applications must be received by no later than 10am East Coast time on Sunday and will be decided by 11am Sunday, round lockout is 12;40pm Sunday.

Coaches then add the approved player in and then update their squad, if a player is added before being approved it will make admin very difficult so please avoid doing this.

Please respect that @FreoDockers has volunteered to be a reviewer and approver of all requests for this league but will be balancing real life as well as fantasy footy. The requests will be reviewed in the order they are received. Please be patient.

9 - most likely these guidelines will be fluid and re-written as we deal with the various team circumstances, the objective is to provide most teams with an opportunity to field a side, but the side they field may in some cases be severely understrength and we cannot and do not intend to be able to mitigate this

10 - good luck, and we look forward to seeing listed players and potentially a few topups as well out their playing hard and striving to collect 4 points for the clubs

--------

@FreoDockers @That KI Guy @Pearcey47 @Len @Lachlan Brown @ver_redit_optatum @Esther @Peter W @anthak @dmandrews @Tracey

• Like Like x 4
  15. Peter W

Peter W Well-Known Member

@FreoDockers can I apply for Jasmine Ferguson, Daisy Walker, Ann McMahon, Ellie Hampson and Jesse Wardlaw (changed to Sophie Alexander) to join the Blazers?

These offset Koenen, Guest, Brooke Lochland and Richelle Cranston and Monaghan (all postponed and played Rd1)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  16. anthak

still confused :eek:

17. TheTassieHawk

The Mystix selection committee have made 3 changes to their Round 1 team as they take on the team from the mighty west @FreoDockers in what we expect to be a high quality round 2 match with the winners moving to a 2-0 start

There are 2 unforced changes with Ivey replacing Plane and Gavalas replacing Elise O'Dea after missing Round 1 due to the HSP while in the sole forced change Zreika replaces the HSP stricken Georgostathis after showing strong round 1 form

Note this team is subject to change, once Sunday AFLW line-ups are announced (ie Randall, Cain, Anotonio. Zreika, Drennan and Gavalas all TBC)

Def = Ivey, C Randall, Keryk (Plane)
    Mid = Cain, Ashmore, A McDonald, Prespakis (O'Dea)
    Fwd = Hore, E Antonio, Zreika (Cutting oop)
    Ruck = Seymour (Yorston oop)
    IC = Drennan, Gavalas (A Burke)

2nds - are on the bye
    Injured/HSP - Georgostathis, Pritchard, Woosha

postponed game topups - not currrently requested or required as Mystix expect to have 15-17 of their own players to choose from

18. Len

Belles submit a top up request for this round only for;
    Julia Crockett-Grills OHS
    Casey Sherriff OHS
    Taylor Smith - Postponement
    Celine Moody - Postponement

Requested players;
    Andrea Gilmore WCE Ruck
    Lisa Steane GWS Mid
    Pepa Randall GWS Def
    Ellie Hampson GCS Fwd
    Will give me the required onfield and 2 reserves

19. TheTassieHawk

@Len unfortunately we aren’t covering HSP requests, topups for injured players, spuds, or coaches least favourite players - can you please edit your post as required ?

2 - Topups may only allowed up to a maximum of the number of Brisbane and Bulldogs players in your squad who played AFLW in round 1 and who have not had a long term injury in that match, ie Huntington, Lutkins and Davidson are LTIs so do not count as being out only due to the postponement.

20. ver_redit_optatum

Ok, Galahs are fielding

Def: Tayla Bresland, Shelley Heath, Annie Lee
    Mid: Jess Hosking, Chloe Dalton, Brit Bonnici, Tait Mackrill
    Ruck: Aine Tighe
    Fwd: Cora Staunton, Chloe Scheer, Rachel Kearns (Imahra Cameron)
    IC: Tia Toth, Rachelle Martin

At this stage I have one emergency (Imahra Cameron) available.

So I am missing Ellie Blackburn, Orla O'Dwyer and Eleanor Brown from Brisbane/WBD. (And Farquharson who was not named last week). Patrikios, Brazill, Poppy Kelly are injured.

So if I've got this straight: I could ask for 1 topup right now (as only have 14 players available). But if some of my other players aren't named/HSP for Sunday, I can ask for up to 3 topups after Sunday teams come out?