2022 ORFFW Rd 2 - COVID-A-GEDDON

Discussion in 'ORFFW' started by Len, Jan 13, 2022.

1. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Lake St Clair Devils Round 2 Team

Out: Kirsty Lamb (postponement)
    In: Hannah Dunn

Def: Meghan McDonald, Sarah Allan, Georgia Garnett, (Amber Ward)
    Mid: Jasmine Garner, Lily Mithen, Monique Conti, Emma Swanson (Olivia Vesely)
    Ruc: Emma King (Tahlia Randall OOP)
    Fwd: Eden Zanker, Darcy Vescio, Aishling Sheridan
    Int: Catherine Phillips, Hannah Dunn (Kellie Gibson)

The LSC Devils are very fortunate with player availability for Round 2 with Kirsty Lamb being the only 'best 13' player missing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Valks looking to place Gabby Newton on inactive list and nominate Angelique Stannett as a replacement for the remainder of 2022.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@ver_redit_optatum - we appreciate your interaction over the weekend and did foresee issues with people being out of action at stages

As we did not manage to assist the placement of Jones in your team before lockout and are unsure of WHERE in the team you would have placed her, we have decided to vary the previous topup approval so that you get Perkins, Cuthbertson and Dee Heslop of the Suns instead of Jones from Carlton.

We also used discretion to move Cuthbertson on field and shuffled the lineup when we noted Chloe Dalton was an out for GWS and was not covered by an emergency.

Perkins is an emergency (covering Staunton) and Heslop an emergency (covering Cuthbertson and Toth), we put Cuthbertson onfield as we though this was fairer to you than putting Heslop onfield in her place when you hadn't been the one to select her in the first place.

Have a great weekend, if you do wish to tinker again in TS Leagues, you are free to do so.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TheTassieHawk

@FreoDockers
    Delayed response however as discussed by PM Biddell is approved and Amy Smith is not approved, due to Huntington being an LTI last week you only have 1 WB or Brisbane player out this week due to postponement, feel free to play Biddell in whichever emergency spot you wish.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TheTassieHawk

The visiting Krushers 8/513 @FreoDockers are leading the Mystix 6/429 by 84 points at half time of an absorbing contest at Manildra.

Centre bounce duo Bella and Hooker will look to stretch the lead into triple figures against the home side's feisty Allie Drennan.

Manildra then have an unopoosed trio of C Randall, Ashmore and Gavalas in the middle game of the Sunday tripleheader as they look to wrestle back the ascendancy before the Mystix Cain, E Antonio and Zreika lock horns with the visitors Miller, Loynes and Runnells in the late stages of what appears to be a hardfought and epic contest.

As an aside Miller outscored Zreika and E Antonio 78-54 in a thrilling Krushers win (650-625) in the sides only previous ORFFW clash, while Loynes scored 77 for the Battlers (now Blazers) and Cain scored 2 and suffered an ACL for the Devils in the same round while Runnells was playing ammos and dreaming of the big time just 2 years ago.

The past is now firmly in the past and a new chapter will be written on Super Sunday as the Mystix strive to even the head to Head at 1 apiece.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheTassieHawk

If I have summarised correctly these are the 16 approved topups for the 6 clubs most impacted by the postponement of Rd2 matches for the WB and Brisbane
    Blazers - Jasmine Ferguson NM Daisy Walker Carl, Ann McMahon Frem, Ellie Hampson GCS and Sophie Alexander Coll
    Sirens - Brid Stack GWS, Eliza James Pies, Ally Dallaway GWS, Dana East Freo.
    Galahs - Sarah Perkins FWD Suns, Janelle Cuthbertson DEF Fremantle, Dee Heslop MID GCS (originally requested Courtney Jones MID Carlton)
    Belles - Andrea Gilmore WCE Ruck, Lisa Steane GWS Mid
    Krushers - Chelsea Biddell (Adel)
    Bats - Amy Smith (NM)

With the 10am topup request deadline approaching the other 6 ORFFW clubs have not as yet required topups
    @That KI Guy @Lachlan Brown @dmandrews @Pearcey47 @anthak TTH

• Like Like x 2
  7. Esther

Esther Member

Hi, I live in Qld and it isnt 10am yet here. I hope its ok to still select a topup player. I have just realised that Steph Chiocci was out this week and I had her onfield.

I only have 14 players fit this week, so I can choose one topup.

If allowed, I will offer a short term contract to Amy Smith from the Kangaroos

The players I have out this week from the postponed game are:
    Ally Anderson
    Sophie Conway
    Gretta Bodey
    Dakota Davidson

I have just added her to my team in anticipation that it will be ok, because I wont be able to get back online for the rest of today.

She will be an emergency on the midfield line, but will play because Steph Chiocci was named as a starter by accident. I dont have any other of my existing players who I can put in this place, because all others are either starting already or already locked out.

8. TheTassieHawk

@Esther you can cover Chiocci with a listed player (Caitlin Gould) so must cover the spot that way.

I will text @anthak and ask him to pass on the message

• Like Like x 2
  9. Esther

Esther Member

but then what do I do with the interchange? Do I list Amy Smith on the interchange?

either way they will both play.
    But if I put Gould in mids she is out of position.

Or do you want me to put a player on the interchange who isnt playing, so that my emergency plays instead, and then set Amy Smith as an emergency on another line?

10. FreoDockers

FreoDockers Administrator

Hi @Esther - I've just looked at your team structure and it appears correct - Gould should stay as emergency for the mids (will take Chiocci's place effectively as Chiocci did not play) and leave Amy Smith as your emergency defender.

Ali Brown stays as IC emergency as well. This follows the ORFFW league guidelines and on this basis approval is granted.

Enjoy the footy today!

• Like Like x 3
  11. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Stats are updated fam!

• Like Like x 4
  12. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I've released the extras added for the Belles and the Sirens

• Like Like x 1
  13. FreoDockers

FreoDockers Administrator

A huge well done a congratulations to all teams for making it through the first week of a significant covid affected round. Don't forget to delist your topups as soon as possible in readiness for round 3.

Please delete them from the team FIRST ie deselect the red light so a green light is showing, then delete them from the squad SECOND (ie the place where you added them in the first place).

On a brighter note, what a match between the Krushers 800 and the Mystix 791! It all came down to the last match of round 2 when Krushers mid Hayler Miller recorded a 105 to match Kerryn Harrington's 107 (and a magnificent 23 disposals at 100% efficiency!). Jaimee Lambert was her usual busy self racking up 91.

For the Mystix it was a more consistent team effort with Maddy Prespakis bagging 99, Gabby Seymour 95 and Kate Hore 82.

The Krushers are looking forward to getting back home after two weeks on the road (WA border restrictions permitting!).

• Like Like x 2
  14. TheTassieHawk

Cheers @Len

If the following clubs can do the same for theirs ASAP it would be appreciated - noting the order outlined by @FreoDockers post above this one - it would be awesome !!

Blazers @Peter W - Jasmine Ferguson NM Daisy Walker Carl, Ann McMahon Frem, Ellie Hampson GCS and Sophie Alexander Coll

Galahs @ver_redit_optatum - Sarah Perkins FWD Suns, Janelle Cuthbertson DEF Fremantle, Dee Heslop MID GCS (originally requested Courtney Jones MID Carlton)

Krushers @FreoDockers - Chelsea Biddell (Adel)

Bats @Esther - Amy Smith (NM)

• Like Like x 2
  15. ver_redit_optatum

ver_redit_optatum Well-Known Member

Yes I see... I needed Cuthbertson as DE because Heath didn't play, and would have got a few more points with Jones, but wouldn't have changed the outcome, as the Devils outfit is still far too strong for us!

Congratulations Bonnici for trying to carry the team with 133.

• Like Like x 3