ORFFF Trading Poll (closes Tuesday 16 Feb)

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Feb 12, 2016.

Tags:
?

What is your preferred option for ORFFF Trading during 2016

Poll closed Feb 16, 2016.
  1. I prefer trading throughout the 2016 ORFFF season with no trade deadline

8.3%
  2. I prefer trading throughout the 2016 ORFFF season with a trade deadline (deadline tbd later)

8.3%
  3. I prefer trading throughout the 2016 NAB challenge and pre and post 2016 ORFFF MSD only

83.3%
  1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Hi All,

Please only vote if you are an ORFFF coach. Remember that trading at any time is entirely optional/non-mandatory.

As discussed in the Rules discussion thread.

http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/orfff-league-setup-rules-and-key-dates-discussion.88813/

However please feel free to make any further comments relevant to the poll topic discussion below if needed.

This poll will be open until Tuesday 16th February - I have made the poll settings so that you can change your vote if you change your mind.

While the poll refers to 2016 the same rules would apply for 2017 and future years unless amended later on.

If the majority vote for any of the 3 options then that obviously wins. If the majority vote for either the first or the second but neither has a majority in its own right then option 2 will. If we set a trade deadline it presumably would be some time after the MSD finishes and before finals commence, but that can be determined at a later time.

Vote away Trippers !

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Hi mate, with the first and second options, do you intend for this to include all off-season as well or just in season with a different limitation off season?

3. TheTassieHawk

Personally I wouldn't want any trading from Grand Final day until SC opens around late January early February. However no-one supporting it has really clarified that aspect of trading outside of defined preseason and midseason windows.

@ViQBoZ and @insider - would either of you care to provide us with some guidance here ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

I do love being able to not think about footy for a month of two after the season.

I definitely think there should be an offseason. @tassiehawk has about the right window I reckon, GF day and re-open when Supercoach starts, letting us all adjust for positional changes etc. (We do follow the yearly supercoach position changes I gather?)

I have the feeling the vote will go against in season trading which is fine if that's what the majority want. I just think if people don't want to trade midseason they just don't do it.

It is nice to have the option to trade if your team suffers large numbers of injuries or WADA come calling again :eek:

5. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

pretty simple from me - why not? never heard a compelling reason as to why not. doesn't hurt anyone if a few people want to trade. its not mandatory so why place restrictions?

6. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Happy to limit trading to around the drafts. 'FL has an extra window open for about a month after the season finishes but its usually the quietest period, including the post-draft period. Let's us focus on our teams and have a specific time for dealing with trading.

And I can't see no trading deadlines being feasible at all. Shouldn't we be addressing rules for trading too? A poll one one issue at a time is going to be a very slow process.

7. TheTassieHawk

• Like Like x 1
  8. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I like having a trade period straight after the season finishes, as we do in orffa. Quiet trade period in FA too, but still good to be able to trade when season is fresh in mind.

I would also like for us to be able to trade during drafts, as we do in orffa - this was helpful for me last year when a ruck of mine got injured after id already used all my draft picks, but the draft was still running, so i traded a guy for a draft pick and selected a ruck.... it didnt work out too well, cause said ruck didnt play all season anyway, but the idea of it is good - adds interest to the draft too

• Like Like x 1