ORFFW 2019 Semi Finals

Discussion in 'ORFFW' started by TheTassieHawk, Mar 8, 2019.

?

Which teams will win the 2019 ORFFW Semi Finals

Poll closed Mar 11, 2019.
  1. Manildra and LSC

66.7%
  2. Manildra and Pomona

33.3%
  3. Lake Fanny and LSC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Lake Fanny and Pomona

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for all of the updates TTH.

Looks like the Devils will be able to make up the difference between us with their last players in the final quarter!

I probably shouldn’t have made the team run up and down Mr Cooroora Thursday morning, the day after their gruelling training session Wednesday night!

It was really nice to drop in to Pomona in person to see the team in their final training session Wednesday night, but I probably pushed them a bit much on the eve of the finals series.

2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

ORFFW management has officially advised that the 2019 ORFFW All Stars match will be held during AFLW Round 7 as a 15 a side (ORFF* style) curtain raiser to the ORFFW Grand Final.

As such players from the 6 clubs that do not make the ORFFW Grand Final as well as all ORFFW Free Agents are eligible to be selected for either the Big V or the Allies (eligibility as per the latest AFLW prospectus).

@FreoDockers and @dmandrews have agreed to co-ordinate the Allies and Big V sides respectively but as always the idea is to have the side selected by a group of coaches and advisors rather than soley by these individuals.

Squads of around 50 players have been shortlisted and can be viewed in TSLeagues and TSstats - noting that players from the Grand Final sides will be culled once the Semi Finals have been decided.

TTH and @That KI Guy will hopefully be providing advice for the Allies while @Jason, @walesy and @Bandit can also provide advice for the Big V selectors their 10 cents.

Our currently non aligned coaches @stripey, @Len and @anthak and anyone else lurking here can choose which of the teams they wish to support and also join in the discussion for their team and brainstorm about the best mix of 15 players that can score the highest for each of the squads as the 2nd ORFFW ALL Stars teams are chosen in the week prior to the big game.

That is all.
    Cheers TTH

• Like Like x 3
  3. anthak

Well done @dmandrews !
    Chelsea Randall has done enough to give you the lead for good!

4. anthak

This sounds great, but I don’t understand how coaches have been and will be aligned to each team.

5. TheTassieHawk

The Devils @dmandrews have defeated the Nymphs @anthak with Randall scoring 71 and Nat Exon just about to take the field and determine the final margin of victory.

Meanwhile 103 from Marinoff and 40 from Bernardi leaves the Mystix 4/344 trailing the Falcons @Jason 6/412 by 68 points in a game that looks like it could go either way as the match reaches the concluding stages.

https://play.draftstars.com.au/contest/C17jmMO

• Like Like x 2
  6. TheTassieHawk

Choose your team based on birth, upbringing or current residence @anthak it is pretty clear for me which one I am in but wasn't sure of everyone !

• Like Like x 1
  7. anthak

Ok thanks. I’m not sure yet. Born and raised in Vic, but currently residing in Allies territory, as well as my ORFFW team being in Qld.

Let me feel into it

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheTassieHawk

Nat Exon has scored a 98 to provide an exclamation point on the Devils @dmandrews smashing of the Nymphs @anthak by an onoffical margin of 547 to 406.

In the other semi final Manildra have dug deep in posting a mammoth unofficial score of 599 to defeat a Falcons @Jason side who managed 514 in response, their highest score of the season - and the highest ever losing score - not being enough to snatch a second consecutive win over the home team.

Pending official scores on Monday the curtains have therefore come down on both the Pomona and Lake Fanny seasons agonisingly close to a coveted grand final appearance. Both will be keen to recruit strongly in the offseason to give the ORRFW a real shake in 2020.

The Devils and Mystix both reach the big dance next weekend at Flour Girls Arena having also registered their largest scores of the season by a great margin and boasting identical 4 game winning streaks to boot.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Mystix too good in the finals cooker, even our best score wasn't really very close to 600. Think I had about 20-odd extra points if I had made different decisions at selection, still nowhere near it though.

• Like Like x 3