Rate My Team 2016 - NAB edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 27, 2016.

By Jason on Feb 27, 2016 at 9:11 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

So we've had a chance to see something of each team through the first round of NAB challenge matches. Always remember to take pre-season form with grain of salt!

A bit of a worrying trend has emerged - we may have a lack of DEF and FWD rookies to choose from by the time round 1 rolls around. Fingers crossed that some decent cash cows on these lines present themselves! Some cause for concern for all those SC teams who have loaded up on expensive MID players, because that sort of team structure may not be sustainable with this few DEF or FWD rookies.

I'm not convinced that either Collins or Adams will be selected by the Western Bulldogs for R1. Would be great for all SC teams if they did, but not looking likely at this stage. Petracca still in cotton wool is also getting more doubtful for R1 by the day.

Here's my current SC team:
    Capture.JPG

I'm running Mills-free for now, because keeping him would mean downgrading one of my starting keepers to a mid-pricer and I'm not currently convinced on enough of the mid-price options to take that structure.

Probably plenty of changes yet to be made though, particularly as the cash cow situation becomes clearer. But I'm getting more and more comfortable with the starting keepers.

Just as a reminder, the ground rules for RMT are as follows:

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)

2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted.:mad:

3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule.:cool:

4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 27, 2016.

1. God Yeah
      God Yeah
      Thanks for all the feedback, really appreciate it. After the blues last NAB game Kerridge comes in for sure

I guess the rookies will be a R1 eve decision
    2. Penske file
      Penske file
      Current work in progress.
      shaw, houli, Gibson, weitering, Hartley, broad. brown (ess) adams
      danger, pendles, ablett, rockliff, green, libba, mills, Menadue. Davis.gore.Mathieson
      goldy, gawn, grimly
      dusty, wingard, hall, wells, milara, kerridge. petracca,McDonald tipu
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Len
      Len
      I think if you are going to pick Greene you pick him as a fwd, he is decent value in that line, not in the mids.
      Gone completely cold on Libba (Who will now real of 22 consecutive centuries)
      Gore is a no for me and Mathieson looked injured to day so keep an eye on him.
      Like the fwd line, personal preference if you keep Petracca if not named.
      Unsure as to why you'd have Grimley as R3, surely you want someone who either wont play at all, or will play and score well, for mine he'll play and score terribly.
    4. Penske file
      Penske file
      Appreciate your comments Len as I said this is still a work in progress, Awaiting round 1 selections on rookies, even now thinking Libba to M Crouch. Also so so on Pendles maybe Hanneberry. R3 always a dilemma. Stevie J threw the baby out with the bathwater today. Petracca wait and see. Decisions decisions,
    5. Len
      Len
      Indeed, my squad is in it's official 8th Final "wont tinker" stage and about it's 150th overall :)
      • Like Like x 1
    6. RPritch
      RPritch
      Really like Milera as a pick, but have Ben Ken instead myself. Overall like the general format of the side
    7. RPritch
      RPritch
      My own current work in progress, obviously the rookies can't be set until rd 1 teams are out, but I think most will stay the same now.
      Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 8.30.45 pm.png
      • Like Like x 1
    8. pc1995
      pc1995
      I've seen a lot of teams with Johannisen, is he meant to be set for a breakout role at HB at the Doggies?
      I guess the major question mark of the team is the midfield; Cripps, Duncan and Libba are boom or bust choices, Cripps less so than the other two.
      Forward line is solid and the go to structure that most of us are rolling with.
    9. jprout
      jprout
      Is having too many bombers a bad idea?
    10. jprout
    11. RPritch
      RPritch
      I questioned someone on having Johannisen in this thread and they gave a solid answer as to why they have him and think he will breakout. He has scored 129 from 75% tog vs GWS and 113 from about 84% tog from his two NAB games. Now, NAB games tend to lead to people jumping on bandwagons that fail, but my own rule is that you can use them to help pick out players that you already thought may have been a viable option but you shouldn't just grab someone that has performed in the NAB comp who wasn't already somewhere on your radar. He's 23 and broke out last year, playing a full season in the starting team for the first time and boosting his average from 64 to 77.5. My worry with him was whether he would be able to hold down a SC productive role in the side at half-back/wing with all of the doggies options in these positions, but this is one area that the preseason can clear up and it has in this case shown that he will indeed hold this role and is in some fine form.
    12. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Pete,

Not sure on Menzel. I like to watch this guy when he's on fire but consistency is my worry. I would try and have Wells as a forward so you can get another mid rookie in.
    13. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      RPritch

I watched JJ during the coast camp. He was always in the mid group (along with Caleb Daniels surprisingly). Good pick I feel, especially given a lot of rookies are wait and see.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. walesy
      walesy
      Mathieson's cheekbone looks like a concern to our already thin mid-lines.
    15. RPritch
      RPritch
      I swear the midfield is the thinnest line for rookies this year, usually it would be three times as strong as the fwds, defs and rucks put together
      • Like Like x 3
    16. Owen
      Owen
      I agree completely, I'm looking at starting three, maybe four rookies in the forward line and only one in the midfield. Benken, Kerridge, Milera, Menadue, McCarthy, AMT, Petraca, and I've probably missed a few, are all valid selections in my view.
      • Like Like x 1
    17. pc1995
      pc1995
      Here's what I've settled with post NABs, obviously rookies to be changed before the teams are released before RD1.
      DEF: Shaw, Houli, Gibson, Weitering, Hartley, Adams (Brown, Broad)
      MID: Fyfe, Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Ward, Wines, Mills, Oliver, Kerridge (Gresham, Gore, Davis)
      RUC: Martin, Naitanui (Grimley)
      FWD: Dahlhaus, Barlow, Hall, Wells, Kennedy, Milera (Kommer, Tipungwati)
      112K to play with.

Usually not a fan of 200K rookies, but with such little depth in the midfield, JS becomes the priority. Plus adjusting my team to the expensive rookies means if cheaper ones do get named for RD1 I can downgrade to them and free up more money to spend elsewhere.
    18. Jason
      Jason
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Lion on the ground
      Lion on the ground
      JJ is certainly looking like a starter. Had a few concerns about sheridan though. Not sure i can carry both into the season. Ill be posting my final team tonight so fingers crossed.