Round 1 Teams and Banter

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, Mar 20, 2019.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Warriors officially in trouble. Unable to get a full side on the park for R1 and now Ainsworth out for 6. Not taking anything away from a good win by ant. Now I have my hands on a Prospectus I notice my "must have" pick Lienert is listed as a rookie. Duh.

• Like Like x 1
  2. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Unless he's a category B rookie - which I don't think he is - he doesn't need to be upgraded to be eligible for senior selection, if that's your concern.

• Like Like x 4
  4. snoz

snoz Moderator

@TerryinBangkok - Yep TiB, he’s eligible to play, but listed out for three more weeks

• Like Like x 2
  5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

The kid has big upside, whatever category. Problem is Hammer will be in very soon, with one of the new kids likely to make way. Another kid will have to go for (there is only one) Ollie. Since said kids have hardly put a foot wrong, they will likely be in front of Lienert for selection. Good problem for Hinkley to have, but not me :(

6. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

The Cradle Mountain Devils started the 2019 ORFFA season well, defeating the Wineglass Bay Packers and registering the second highest score of the ORFFA Round with 1,333 points - a solitary point less than the Foul Bay Chickens.

The six midfielders in the CMD team and ruckman Toby Nankervis combined to score 717 points at an average of 102 points per player with all seven players scoring at least 85 whilst the eight players in defense and the forward line combined for 616 points at an average of 77 points per player. For several seasons it was an aim of the Devils to regularly reach the 1,300 point benchmark. From Round 9 2018 onwards Cradle Mountain have maintained a level of consistency to score 1,300 + points in 10 of their 12 games with seven of these scores being in the very narrow range of 1,301 to 1,335 points.

Whilst the Cradle Mountain Round 1 side included eight players that are over 27 years of age two Devils players under 25 years of age were the best two players on the ground being 24 year old Tasmanian Nankervis with 127 points and 23 year old midfielder Jack Steele with 115 points, inaugural Devils, Zorko and Pendlebury were in the minor votes with three and one votes respectively. 19 year-old key defender Sam Taylor was a shining light for the Wineglass Bay Packers off the bench, scoring 108 points to poll two Les W Medal votes.

• Like Like x 3