Round 2 teams and banter

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, Mar 28, 2018.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Yes it was an impressive game from him! :)

2. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

And Josh Jenkins once again did very well for Lenny this round. If we were sailing I would raise the protest flag, but I figure we just ignore JJ's score somehow? But how?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Nope, I don't think he has, I think matchday may be baulked...
    @walesy I just did a player report, Jenkins definitely not listed in the Wagga Wagga as selectable, or selected, but is showing in FA matchday as a fwd. It appears to be a significantly different side selected to shown...

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Amazing. After R1 with nary a sign of a gremlin, I thought @walesy can do this stuff in his sleep (probably does). Come R2 and the little bits of code are making their presence felt.

• Like Like x 2
  5. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

With my teams being the Saints and the Devils I thought I would have all bases covered however this weekend in games that they were strong favourites for the Saints and Devils have both been comprehensively defeated with both teams delivering their worst performance for quite some time. Congratulations @Jen on the victory, whilst Lovely Bank still have two players to play tomorrow they have already secured an easy win against the Devils who have only managed a score of 1,073 from their full 15 player complement whilst the Lilacs are on 1,096 with Cats, Tom Stewart and Mitch Duncan to play tomorrow. It is Cradle Mountain’s lowest score since Round 13, 2016 and their tally of 1,073 is 100 points less than their lowest score of 2017.

Six Devils scored at least 95 – including three tons in Pendles (109), Nankervis (108) and Zorko (105), however on the flip side five players scored less than 40 including three forwards – Pedersen (34), Membrey (30) and AMT (37), with the other two sub-40 players being midfielder Redden (39) and defender Himmelberg (26). The five Devils passengers combined for 166 points which is only 10 points more than the score of LBL small forward Jeff Garlett who had an absolute night out to be best afield (subject to Mitch Duncan surpassing him). Lovely Bank have wrapped up the 5, 4, and 3 Les W Medal votes with Westhoff having scored 111 and Heeney 110 to just pip the Devils best two players. The Lilacs have overcome some bad luck with Darcy Moore injuring his hamstring in the second qtr so the margin could be even greater.

A few of the Devils Round 2 passengers are in danger of being dropped for Round 3 however none of the players outside the 15 player team pressed their case for promotion with Zak Jones being a late withdrawal for the second’s, the other three emergencies all having sub 50 games and Grigg scoring 66. A positive in the first two rounds is Paul Seedsman and Jade Gresham both performed well and are averaging high 80’s. The Devils match committee are hoping to get the green light from the medical team to play two or more of the following players in Round 3 – Tom Lynch, Nick Vlastuin and Zak Jones.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

In all the years I have been apart of this league, I dont think that I have ever won against @dmandrews.

Either my team is getting better, as I draft better players or Cradle Mountain just had a really down round.

Either way I will be happy to walk away with the win.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Any other week and I would be gone....

Mitch Duncan out with a hamstring and I have no emergemcy in my mids this week.

8. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

hmmm, no Zac Smith in the ruck for me. Monday games over the Easter long weekend can be poison for fantasy footy.

9. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

It might be worth all comps considering a 145pm Saturday lockout for the Easter Round (or extra emergencies).

10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

We’ve considered it many times. Have had some very robust discussion on it a few times

• Like Like x 3
  11. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

Someone have a stern talking to me if I once again fail to play Tim Kelly next week.

• Like Like x 6
  12. chris88

Though 1250+ with no ruck isn't bad. I'll run an OOP next week if Smith doesn't return.

13. chris88

Well done to Wagga Wagga, Wineglass Bay and Lovely Banks - a perfect 3/3 wins for ORFFA teams in the knockout/intercomp on the weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  14. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Looks like you had Sam Gibson in your midfield :D

Good news is that he didn't actually effect anything, so I didn't have to recalc.

He's all fixed now. Man I gotta fix that bug!

• Like Like x 1
  15. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 4
  16. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Bit of a pest Sam Gibson.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1