2021 AFLW Fantasy Topups Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFW' started by TheTassieHawk, Feb 4, 2021.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@Len @Tracey @That KI Guy @anthak @dmandrews @FreoDockers @Tiny_doughnut @marconofrio @ver_redit_optatum @Pearcey47 @Peter W

@hoschke118 @bkp130 @Chloe

The AFLW has postponed 2 Round 2 matches indefinitely in response to the continuing scourge that is the coronavirus.

Rather than possibly face weeks of fantasy football competition marred by lineups resembling swiss cheese some of the brainstrust have discussed and agreed the best, simplest and most proactive way forward is to utilise top-up players from the Free Agent pools for each of our AFLW fantasy competitions.

As each of the competitions is set up differently there are slightly different approaches taken so please read the respective posts below for clarification and if in any doubt what is required please raise it here on in the relevant competition round thread.

Within each context we will try to keep a consistent approach moving forward but will rely on everyone being on the ball and checking in regularly on the site and via twitter and/or text messages as may be required as a lot may change between Thursday morning and Friday evening (for example).

Cheers, TTH (on behalf of the brains-trust)

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheTassieHawk

@Len @Tracey @That KI Guy @anthak @dmandrews @FreoDockers @Tiny_doughnut @marconofrio @ver_redit_optatum @Pearcey47 @Peter W

Hi ORFFW folks - as you know we completed our recent draft with 21 players which is enough for a COVID free season but due to the byes we are expanding lists to 24 players via the addition of 3 temporary top-up players selected from the 50 odd players who played in Round 1 for clubs other than the 4 who are having a bye this week, we excluded those who socred 25 or less becuase who needs more spuds than we already have ?

Note that the 36 players are D, M, and F eligible and in some cases dpp but none are R eligible.

The 1 ruck eligible free agent is Hickie however she has not been included in the top-up player allocation. If you need a R1 you had better grovel.

Players have already been added in TS Leagues. Firstly, let's see who went where - these are our 36 randomly allocated Top-up Players with each club being granted short term contract rights for these players for the upcoming round 2 match play

Bathurst Belles (playing Katanning @FreoDockers)
    · Krstel Petrevski
    · Shannon Campbell
    · Tegan Cunningham

Georgia Geeniuses (playing LSC @dmandrews)
    · Courtney Hodder
    · Nadia von Bertouch
    · Aishling Sheridan

Glenbrook Galahs (playing Sandgate @Tiny_doughnut)
    · Eleanor Brown
    · Greta Bodey
    · Jacqueline Vogt

Lake St Clair Devils (playing Georgia @marconofrio)
    · Danielle Marshall
    · Jade Ellenger
    · Tahlia Meyer

Katanning Krushers (playing Bathurst @Len)
    · Brenna Tarrant
    · Jordyn Allen
    · Ruby Schleicher

Legana Legends (playing Vivonne Bay @That KI Guy)
    · Elizabeth Keaney
    · Kate Shierlaw
    · Nicole Bresnehan

Manildra Mystix (playing Scone @Tracey)
    · Alison Brown
    · Brooke Vernon
    · Deanna Berry

Pomona Nymphs (playing Timboon @Peter W)
    · Ashleigh Guest
    · Claudia Whitfort
    · Lucy Single

Sandgate Sugar Gliders (playing Glenbrook @ver_redit_optatum)
    · Jacqueline Parry
    · Madeleine Guerin
    · Megan Fitzsimon

Scone Sirens (playing Manildra @TheTassieHawk)
    · Ebony O'Dea
    · Maddison Levi
    · Shelley Heath

Timboon Trailblazers (playing Pomona @anthak)
    · Daisy D'Arcy
    · Georgie Rankin
    · Taylor Smith

Vivonne Bay Valkeries (playing Legana @Pearcey47)
    · Cheyanne Hammond
    · Courtney Wakefield
    - Stacey Livingstone

ORFFW Top-up player FAQ's

- who are my top-up players ? - see above

- do I need to nominate any top-up players ? no, they are already allocated

- how do I name my Round 2 team ? - unchanged - submission via TS Leagues as normal and if preferred a copy of the intended team can be posted in the ORFFW round thread
    http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/orffw-2021-round-2.90799/
    - what are the key rules for top-ups -

(i) they can only be named as an emergency if there are no listed players that are able to be named in that emergency spot (excluding out of position listed players)

(ii) they can only be named on field if there are no listed players that are able to be named in that on field spot (excluding out of position listed players)

(iii) what do I do if a top-up is injured, suspended or not selected - drink a big mug of concrete and harden up, no replacements will apply

(iv) what do I do if after naming all of my permitted top-ups my side is still short of filling most/all of the emergency positions, or is one or two short on field ? - basically if you fill 13 spots you should be Ok and anything more than that (i.e. emergencies is a bonus) however we are all fair-minded competitors so there will be a system in play where the process is as follows - (a) discuss the issue with your weekly opponent and see if a fair solution can be found, if not (B) post in the ORFFW Round thread and state specifically how/where your team is short so a reasonable solution can be found

(v) what do you mean talk to the other coach ?? exactly that PM them on TS or text/email them if you have their details and prefer to do so, if a fair solution can be found we expect it to be found by agreement

(vi) WTF (no not Wednesday Thursday Friday) ?? here are examples of what we mean. Team A is playing Team B. Team A has 2 Defender top-ups, and 1 Forward Top up. Team B has 2 Midfield top-ups and 1 Forward top-up. Team A and B agree to exchange top-up players so both have 1 Defender top-up 1 midfield top-up, and 1 Forward top-up, therefore both can field emergencies where they couldn’t before through splitting the six top-up players differently to the random allocation by agreement

(vii) Can the 6 top-up players be split differently to the example above ?? sure - if coach wants to give away 2 of their top-up players to their opponent so that the spit is now 1 and 5 then sure knock yourself out.

(viii) The other coach won't answer pms or texts, what can I do ?? sorry that's bad luck go on as usual with your 3 allocated top-ups and curse them forever

(ix) how many FAQ are the right number after which the list gets way too long ?? about 9, but I could be wrong !

As we stated above we are making this up as we go and will on the law of averages get a lot more wrong than we get right so if you need to tell us anything written above is severely stupid then let us know as most things can be changed if need be.

Cheers TTH (on behalf of the ORFFW brains-trust)

• Like Like x 3
  3. TheTassieHawk

@dmandrews @FreoDockers @Pearcey47 @Peter W @hoschke118 @bkp130 @Chloe

Hi Premier League folks - as you know we completed our recent draft with 21 players which is enough for a COVID free season but due to the byes we are expanding lists to 26 players via the addition of 5 temporary top-up players selected by each coach.

Please contain yourself, this is not another draft we just finished the last one.

Simply put each of the Premier league franchises has exclusive access rights to an feeder AFLW club who is playing in AFLW Round 2 for the purposes of selecting their 5 nominated players. The 5 players may be chosen in any position combination with a maximum of 2 per position - for example, 2 D, 1M and 2 F - these players may or may not have played in AFLW round 1.

The allocations are: (courtesy of @FreoDockers)
    Carlton ==> Las Vegas Legends @Pearcey47 TooSerious

Collingwood ==> Canberra Conservatives @bkp130 TooSerious

Geelong ==.> Stuttgart Storm TooSerious

Gold Coast ==>. Lagos Royals @Peter W TooSerious

Melbourne ==> Lima Llamas @hoschke118 TooSerious

Richmond ==> Korea Kickers @Chloe TooSerious

St Kilda ==> Kyoto Kruisers @FreoDockers TooSerious

Western Bulldogs ==> Vancouver Vixens TooSerious

Note, no club allocation made for the Kangaroos, Lions and 4 bye teams (they remain unassigned).

For argument's sake if two of the above coaches mutually agree to switch teams amongst the 8 allocations this is fine, just make this clear when nominating your 5 players from the Premier League Free Agent list.

Please nominate your 5 players by no later than 630pm on Friday 5th March, an hour after Saturday teams have been announced but before Sunday teams are announced. This selection will be binding so get it right the first time.

Nominations are to be made either below this post or in the Premier League Round thread.

http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/gwffpl-2021-round-1-aflw-round-2.90800/

Please note that it is not possible to select a R eligible top-up, including Ruck dip (D/R or F/R). If one or more teams need an R1 in any week this is a separate process altogether and basically you had better grovel.

Players nominated will need to be added to your squad in TS leagues (as per the usual process which was used during the draft)

Premier League Top-up player FAQ's
    - who are my top-up players ? - each coach decides them during the nomination process, see above

- do I need to nominate any top-up players ? yes, I just said that

- how do I name my Round 2 team ? - unchanged - submission via TS Leagues as normal and if preferred a copy of the intended team can be posted in the Premier League round thread (link needed)

- what are the key rules for top-ups (same as the ORFFW, except that a maximum of 2 top-ups can be named int he team each week)

(i) they can only be named as an emergency if there are no listed players that are able to be named in that emergency spot (excluding out of position listed players)

(ii) they can only be named on field if there are no listed players that are able to be named in that on field spot (excluding out of position listed players)

(iii) what do I do if a top-up is injured, suspended or not selected - drink a big mug of concrete and harden up, no replacements will apply, you have 5 and that is plenty

(iv) what do I do if after naming all of my permitted top-ups my side is still short of filling most/all of the emergency positions, or is one or two short on field ? - basically if you fill 13 spots you should be Ok and anything more than that (i.e. emergencies is a bonus) however we are all fair-minded competitors so there will be a system in addition to the top-up nomination process as follows.

Any listed player can be replaced by any Free Agent at anytime provided neither player is locked out at the time of the exchange and the incoming player (A) is not R eligible and (B) has not already been nominated as a top-up by another Premier League club.

Nominations are to be made either below this post or in the Premier League Round thread.

(v) WTF (no not Wednesday Thursday Friday) ?? here are examples of what we mean. I drafted Moly McDonald and she is not named for Round 2 but Sarah Rowe (Coll), all I do is post that “Sarah Rowe replaces Molly McDonald” before the Collingwood match starts and the exchange takes effect. This is a one off that will not happen beyond this week so try to punt injured and non selected marginal players now before they possible hurt your team.

(Vi) how many FAQ are the right number after which the list gets way too long ?? did someone say 9, that is far too many I would say six - definitely six !! but I could be wrong !

As we stated above we are making this up as we go and will on the law of averages get a lot more wrong than we get right so if you need to tell us anything written above is severely stupid then let us know as most things can be changed if need be.

Cheers TTH (on behalf of the Premier League brains-trust)

• Like Like x 1
  4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I think the right amount of FAQs is 3. Anything after that are not necessary. haha

I didn’t know why these three players were in my team and deleted them! Thanks for setting my ship right again and adding them back in.

• Like Like x 3