ORFFF Draft Discussion/Banter et al

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Nov 27, 2012.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

I would also be against - all teams will have the opportunity to delist and redraft at the 2016 MSD if they want

and remember @ViQBoZ has put Kade Simpson up for a possible trade if anyone is looking for a defender
    http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/2016-pre-season-trade-thread.89277/

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

The distinction is perhaps between the law, and the spirit of the law.
    An LTI to any of our early picks would be unfortunate, but to render a coach one player short for the first dozen weeks or so when his prize stock is killed off before the virgin season starts feels mercenary and unnecessary to me.

It also feels perhaps slightly akilter with regard to these, even if without design;
    1(b) Weekly ORFFF sides selected from playing lists of 30 players will consist of 15 players. 4 Defenders, 4 Midfielders, 1 Ruck, 4 Forwards and 2 Interchange. In addition, 4 Emergencies can be selected, maximum 1 emergency per line. They come into the side if a selected player on that line does not play.
    Read more at http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/rules-discussion-teams.89288/
    4(d) – In the trading period prior to a draft teams can trade uneven amounts of players, however the player component of all trades conducted following the end of the draft most be on a 1:1, 2:2, or 3:3 (etc) basis in order to maintain even player list sizes.
    Read more at http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/rules-discussion-trades.89291/

6 (e) Teams involved in a draft must continue to draft until their lists are at 30 players.
    6 (f) as stated at 5(e) above the Mid-Season Draft is not compulsory to participate in for teams who have 30 players.
    Read more at http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/rules-discussion-drafting.89293/

I don't mind tbh, I see myself winning every round regardless of how many players my opponent has, I see it more as a sign of esprit de corps

3. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Waters was gone in pre-season last year too. Sylvia early in season. You can't make plans or subset of rules for everything in life which affects fantasy footy and players not playing.

So I'd rather make it a clear no so there's no ambiguity and sliding scale of what constitutes a replacement in the future.

4. jamabadar

jamabadar Moderator

I have to agree with pl it's just my bad luck at least i can still trade if i don't have cover, but if it happened in round 1 then damn that would hurt.

Must have pissed off one of the fantasy gods as Sandilands out for round 1 as well.

5. Len

If you're good with coping it all power to you, in my mind this situation is different to most as it has happened after the squads have closed but a month before the season starts. The only league and time it would apply to this extent is this one, this year.

6. Len

Untrue it turns out, the FU have already completed teams, you guys must love worms

7. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

8. port_leschenault

Oh, are you only able to input your own team?

9. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

You can only do your own team, unless you're admin- then you can do everyones

• Like Like x 1
  10. port_leschenault

Ok. That's was my assumption.